Amaurotic Thoughts

Amaurotic Thoughts

A Poem by Erica Marie

They think I can't see them, and in fact, I can't. Nobody talks to me. But that's okay, I make the room my enigma, and put the pieces of all these people together by myself. You don't need to see someone to know who they are. I hear the lies, I hear the secrets.I feel like I know them. I can hear a smile by the quick, sticky snap that wet gums make as it releases itself from the front teeth curving upwards, and I feel moist streaks of grief from my lifeless, useless eyes when melancholy vibes take over my body. I know they're here. I know I'm opening and closing my eyelids, the skin goes up and down but I still see dark. All dark. In a room full of people, hundreds maybe who knows, with colors and sunshine, and pictures and paintings surrounding the walls. 

I still only see dark. 

© 2014 Erica Marie


Author's Note

Erica Marie
This is a response to the creative writing prompt: "You're in a room full of people, and you're the only blind person there. Describe the room and the people in your mind."

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Umm ... Yeah, sounds good. It`s kinda very thought-invoking, I`d say because some words which you created on my mind are or even can be compared to the reality. In this sinister life, yeah, people telling lies to every---body, no matter what and we kept believing on `em, again ... No matter what. It`s out loneliness which brings us what? "Amaurotic--Thoughts" .. Hey, I really like this write and if you get some time then you can try to write something big on it like for your beautiful novels write or anything else ....

I really love this concept and glad to read your new stuffs. By the way, I think, the spelling of your title`s "Amaurotic" ... if i`m not wrong. Am I right, Sweety?? ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Stephen

9 Years Ago

Ha! You make me smile, E-r-i-c-a ;) Well, it`s my pleasure to read this write, honey and hey, i`d be.. read more
Erica Marie

9 Years Ago

I should be as soon as schools over! Which is not too far away!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Interesting write I must say! Very unique well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014
Tags: poem, blindness, creative writing

Author

Erica Marie
Erica Marie

CA



About
☮♥Erica Marie♥☮ Welcome to my profile! I hope you enjoy my writing :) My name is Erica Marie and I am 20 years old. Born and raised in Souther.. more..

Writing