The Sweetest Dream

The Sweetest Dream

A Story by Keitorin
"

Something I thought up in the shower of all places :P Its about a man clinging on to the memory of a lost lover.

"

The morning light pours in through the window bringing a natural shade of yellow to the stark white walls that only the sweet morning sun could bring.

He opens his eyes and looks into the hair of the girl sleeping soundly next to him in his arms. A smile spreads across his lips as he breathes in the scent of her hair then kisses it gently. He lets out a small laugh at the little moan that escapes her lips sleepily.

He always loved it when she did that; it was almost as cute as her. Of course to him nothing would ever be better than her; than being alone in that bedroom with her in his arms.

Just him and her.

Together.

There was nothing he would want more than this.

At first her parents didn't like the fact of them being together, despite them being friends since before high school. They had taken on everything together and had never parted. They never cared what her parents or anyone thought, what they had was something real, and as long as they knew that was true, it was worth anything.

He pulled her a little closer to his bare chest and whispered into her ear the only thing that was true in the world, his love for her.

He kissed her head again.

 He could almost hear her smiling as she faced away from him at the wall. She turned around in his arms to face him, her eyes still closed with a faint tired smile on her face and the soft morning light gracing her expression with the soft yellow of the morning sun.

 She repeated his words back to her then he leaned in until their lips met. Their lips moving together made him feel at home.

That moment right there was where he truly belonged and they both knew it well. He kissed her desperately as if he hadn’t seen her for months or even years. Something in him knew that that was true; that she had gone away for a while to a place in the clouds to live among the warm rays of the loving sun.

He let those thoughts slip away and came back into the moment with her lips sculpted to his.

A few minutes later he opened his eyes to find that she had disappeared.

She was gone.

Tears formed in his eyes as he touched the empty space where she had dwelled; the sheets which she had worn in the moonlight.

She was never there.

It was all just a dream.

But it had been the sweetest dream.

© 2010 Keitorin


Author's Note

Keitorin
let me know what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it touched my very soul i love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lia
Sweet


Posted 11 Years Ago


Really good :) It read a bit like poetry, and was full of emotion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was very good! A lot of emotion. Loved it! It was also sad,to love someone that us no longer there is the worst pain! Your a great writer :]

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1171 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2010
Last Updated on January 16, 2010
Tags: love, dreams, sweeetest, story

Author

Keitorin
Keitorin

Whitby, Ont., Durham, Canada



About
Hey, my name is Kaitlin and I love to write :) I tend to get my ideas from music, movies and books, but i also get ideas from the weirdest places like the shower for instance :P more..