No Escape

No Escape

A Story by Drizzle
"

It is finally a new year, and I just realized that I am all alone and it is okay.

"

Ps. This story has no structure

 

Today was a good day... well I say good because I feel that I did something other than sit and feel sorry for myself. My mom woke me up at 6:47am and when she tapped me I remember saying “Yes”, as though in my sleep I was just waiting for her to wake me up. I had a job interview which I had to get to by 9am. I got ready and my dad drove me to Santa Monica. During the interview, I was asked to describe myself and like usual, I did. I don’t know why I always say that I am an outgoing person in my interviews, maybe because I wish I actually was outgoing.

My past year, has been a series of failures after failures, I have literally destroyed my little social life because I have a habit of thinking that everyone has a problem and my ego does not let me accommodate other people into my life. The only person who is an exemption to this rule is my boyfriend… in all honesty I think he was the last person that I have let into my life in the past 3 years. I am a college sophomore and I can tell you this without a doubt, I have no direction whatsoever. I keep doing things because I think I should be doing them but I really don’t have motivation. College has been a rough journey for me, I am a socially awkward person who has tried doing everything to fit in. I have joined clubs, but I would end up just not showing up. I have tried dressing like everyone else but something still doesn’t seem right. I have joined a sorority but I ended up dropping it after investing time and money in it. I thought that joining a bunch of random girls would help me create “lifelong friends” well that was bullshit.

This past year, I had more phone interactions that I did actual face to face conversations. I spent 9,145 minutes listening to Spotify which acted as a way of me avoiding feeling alone. In many occasions, I refreshed all my social media apps because I had gone through my whole feed. I stopped eating in dining halls because I was tired of sitting alone, so I started getting to go dinner which allowed me to eat in my room while acting like I was too busy to waste time in a dining hall. I have even tried drinking so I could maybe fit in more, but that left me almost dead. In short, I have done almost every possible thing I can but I seem to not belong at such a wonderful institution. I am also dealing with body image issues, I have been trying to lose weight because I think It might make me happier. Of course, that is not true, but that’s just my way of trying to fit in. It has been challenging but now when I think of why I want to lose weight, I tell myself that it is for health reasons but that’s just some of the bullshit I tell myself so I can keep pushing.

The saddest thing happened to me this week, I thought I could move into my dorm so I asked my parents to drive me to school. Unfortunately, when we arrived on campus, I could not enter my dorm so I asked a “friend” if she would let me stay at her apparent because I had an interview the next morning. She agreed but she said she was in the movie theater and she would be out at 9pm. I decided to wait but, once it was 9pm she stopped answering my texts. Let me point out that I had waited 2 hours for her and my parents were obviously exhausted. I became stranded because even when I called her she was not answering, in short, she didn’t want me to stay over. I decided to go back home and on my way home my parents told me that I could not count on anyone to help me because It was clear that even the one person I considered a “friend” would not help me. Deep down I had always known I could not trust her, but after that day I was definitely done with her. I have a lot more to say about her but she is not worth my time.

This year I am hoping to just focus on me and my classes. I have a supportive boyfriend who is also in college and dealing with similar issues but he is way more stable than I am. He does not try to fit in and is contented with his current situation. I sometimes wish I was like him. He is a man of few words and cute gestures. I seriously don’t deserve him. His family loves me even though I cannot communicate with them because I cannot speak Spanish. He has been there for me through it all but, this year I want to do things on my own. I don’t want to be the crybaby who complains about everything. I want to deal with my situations alone because that is how I was before he came into my life. Yes, I am alone, in fact I want to be alone because I want to see how strong I really am.

 

© 2018 Drizzle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018

Author

Drizzle
Drizzle

CA



About
I use this website to let out feelings that i'd rather not say in person. I am a very emotional person and I often cry over the dumbest things. However, it is through this that I am able to maintain .. more..

Writing
Thank you Alex Thank you Alex

A Story by Drizzle


Summer 18' Summer 18'

A Story by Drizzle