Short silly stories part 2.

Short silly stories part 2.

A Story by zanymaybee
"

I don't know how I come up with these crazy ideas

"

Gasps could be heard as everyone turned their heads towards the entrance of the ballroom.

“Arthur! I-I mean, Mr. Hoodward!” She cleared her throat. “What brings you here?”

“I’ve come to inform you that, no matter what these fancy party ladies say, we’re meant to be together and you know it, you just don’t want to admit it.”

“What?! Nonsense. I need not associate myself with the likes of you.” She winced a bit at the harshness of her tone.

“Dana c’mon just swallow your pride and admit that you’re crazy for me.”

“Me?! P-perish the thought! You’re the crazy one here.”

“I may be crazy but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.”

“Fine, Mr. Hoodward. I’m gonna have to kindly ask you to-”

“Leave” Interrupted another woman.

“-To shut up and kiss me already.” Continued Dana.

Gasps, once again, could be heard, this time accompanied by a few “what dah-”s amongst other things.

“As you wish, princess.” Said Arthur.

Explosions, fireworks, plus a few car chases ensued, and a sappy love song started playing in the background.

“Wow, cheesiest movie ever. I can’t believe I willingly paid for 2 and a half hours of that torture.”

“Really, now? I kinda liked it.”

“Uh? Oh um, yeah I guess it wasn’t so bad.” He chuckled nervously.

She raised an eyebrow at him, her lips curled slightly upwards, finding it hard to hide her bemusement. “You don’t have to agree with me, you know?” She told him.

“Eh? Well, I mean, jeez, you have to admit it was a bit…” He groaned in frustration. “Just, “Shut up and kiss me” How cliche is that? But yeah, definitely 10/10 would enjoy Arthur’s awkward flirting and faux pas again without a doubt.”

“That so? Well then, if you really liked it we can watch it again some other time. I’ll even get the dvd with bloopers and extra scenes.” She tilted her head and smiled coyly at him.

“Okay fine you got me I hated the whole thing. Anyways I thought you weren’t the type to enjoy these sorta movies. You’re not the most romantic person out there, and the way you eat your food isn’t exactly romantic either.” He said, smirking obnoxiously.

“Oh, shut up.” She answered with a huff, feigning annoyance and gently punching his arm.

“No “shut up and kiss me”?” His smirk still remained plastered on his face.

“I thought it was corny and cliche?” She countered with a smug grin of her own.

“Actually I take that back.” He smiled sheepishly, rubbing  the back of his neck.

“Of course you do.” She chuckled fondly. “Well, what are you waiting for, then?”

He leaned in, she closed her eyes and, with his arms wrapped around her waist, their lips finally met.

And they lived happily ever after.

The end. *credits start rolling*

...

“Oi man what the hell this movie sucked.”

“Sorry dude when I read the title I thought it was porn.”

“Wait a sec, are you crying?!”

“Wha- No I’m n- you’re crying too!”

-----------------------------------------------------------

He scanned every corner of the theatre’s auditorium, poking his head around the many crowds of people who were on their way outside after having enjoyed what could only be described as an outstanding, exceptional rendition of “Cry me a river”. Of course, its success was hardly surprising when the main role was played by none other than Miss Cassidy.

His mouth felt awfully dry, his heart was practically beating out of his chest, and the rather obnoxious lump in his throat was making it hard for him to swallow or even breathe properly, not really doing much to help calm his nerves. Quite the opposite actually, he just kept getting antsier, fidgeting and shifting awkwardly from foot to foot, feeling an ever-increasing urge to just toss his box of homemade chocolates and run away as fast as his legs could carry him.

And then he saw her, Miss Cassidy, the object of his suffocating longing and affection, as she walked towards him, perfectly graceful and poised, beaming from ear to ear in a way that was so sunny and bright it practically blinded him and made the rest of the world look grey and dull.

So he forgot all about his feeling of uneasiness and his doubts were instead replaced by that familiar adoration, overwhelming his senses and filling his entire body with the most comforting warmth. He gripped his box of chocolates so firmly his knuckles turned white, and he started running with new-found determination. He started running towards the only thing that seemed to matter at that time, the only thing that made sense. He ran to her and held her tight, burying his head in the crook of her neck. She laughed tenderly, returned the embrace and then pulled away slowly, staring into his eyes.

“Evening, Henry. It’s been quite a while. How nice of you to come see me perform, I’m so glad you could make it, I missed you! Oh, are those for me?” She said, pointing at the box of chocolates.

He could only nod in response as he stared at her dumbfounded, dazed by her beauty.

“Goodness, you got me chocolate? Why, thank you, I certainly appreciate the gesture; nonetheless, I’m afraid I must admit that I do not particularly care for chocolate. It’s just not my cup of tea.”

“No… No- no way, this cannot be. I spent months training in China to make the perfect chocolate to declare my love for you. Oh gods.”

“Oh my, you have my sincerest apologies. Even so, I still wish to accept your declaration of love. I’m quite fond of you, Henry, even if I don’t always let it show. Would you perhaps allow me to make it up to you somehow?”

“I-I don’t know. I don’t know if I can be with someone who doesn’t like chocolate. Sorry but I don’t think this is gonna work.” He opened the box and swiftly escaped in tears whilst eating his delicious homemade treats.

----------------------------------------------------

“Hey… Hey! Dude, were you listening? You seem really out of it, everything alright?”

“Huh? Oh. Oh right, yeah. Sorry, my bad. I was just thinking about this girl, you know.”

“That so? Who is she, do I know her?”

“She’s so amazing dude. She has deep blue eyes that you can just drown in, with a sparkle brighter than a thousand stars. She does this cute little thing whenever she’s focused or thinking too hard, twirling a strand of her hair and pursing her lips with the most adorable frown. And the way she eats her food, nibbling on it like a squirrel or something, man, it’s just awesome I tell you. She’s also really nice and super modest and shy, getting all flustered and embarrassed every time someone compliments her, while doing her best to stop her cheeks from flushing and avoiding everyone’s gaze. Ah, bro, I think I’m in love.”

“Wow mate, seems to me like you’re totally smitten here. And she sounds wonderful, a real keeper.”

“Sigh, I know right? She’s truly the best character in the entire series. Especially in season 2, she just outshines everyone.”

“Wait, what? You were talking about a character from some show?”

“Well duh, who else would I be talking about? C’mon mate you and I both know 2D is better than 3D, get real. It’s 2017, stop kidding yourself.”

“Uh, what does 2017 have to do with anything?”

“It’s the digital era man. The time for digital love.”


© 2017 zanymaybee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm still not over the fact that he rejected her because she doesn't like chocolate.😂😂

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is silly indeed! You have a good sense for writing humor!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 15, 2017
Last Updated on December 15, 2017
Tags: humor, romance

Author

zanymaybee
zanymaybee

About
Writing is one of my favorite hobbies/ways to pass the time (besides reading, of course. And well, drawing, a bit). I find it quite amazing that you can create any world you want with just the use of .. more..

Writing
Blood Boil Blood Boil

A Story by zanymaybee