アニメ : Forum : What's Your Relation?

What's Your Relation?

14 Years Ago

Well first of all, welcome to the group. And secondly, what ties you to this group? Do you love anime? Or are you Japanese? Anything else? ;P

Well, for me, I was born in Japan, but I'm not Japanese. I'm actually Filipino and African-American. Even though I'm not Japanese, I just like everything from there, and that includes anime as well. I've always been a fan of anime, and I've watched shows like Bleach, Naruto, and Death Note <3 and movies such as Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle <3. I love them all. And also because that's what I mainly watch, it's what I mainly draw. I'm in art class at high school, and my main focus is anime and anything of the sort. I'm actually working on being a game animation artist. [yes, I'm a game nerd. I play games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts big time ;)]

Well that's just me. What about you? :D

Re: What's Your Relation?

11 Years Ago

Hi i love anime! it's one of my best friends. it got me through a lot and i love it. you could say that it helped me to start writing... um thats it really ^^

11 Years Ago

I love anime and manga. I also write fanfics, but I'm also working on some original fiction of my own. I'm a 3rd year in taking Japanese at my high school. My favorite anime is Death Note, Ouran, Hetalia, Sailor Moon, and Lucky Star. I also like Vocaloid alot. I write song lyrics for Vocaloids and UTAU. 

10 Years Ago

Hi, for the meantime I don't wish to tell anyone where I'm from. As a writer, not always, but generally, I prefer people not know my age or background so these things don't color any impressions of my work. But I do have many friends from Japan, and family as well, as well as other places. Anyways, anime has helped inspire many of my works, all kinds of anime, the very innocent kind such as Ghibli Studios, and the more mature styles such as Vampire D Hunter and the Kenshin ova. I think it is wonderful that there is a culture in which people of all ages have the ability to enjoy and appreciate anime and stories as much as the Japanese. 
That being said, I never thought I would write something as what I am working on now. It is very tied into Japanese culture, mainly the feudal era and ancient mythology. It is called "Sakura Dream" and is a romance, a bit of a tragedy, a bit of horror, and an epic adventure with some action, and many surreal/spiritual themes.