******RP CURVE : Forum : $50 Savings Deposit

$50 Savings Deposit

16 Years Ago

I finished off the hand full of flyers in the vicinty of where I was hired which is at the Farrs Stationary store, where they also provide small scale postal services, event promotions such as for: street fairs, local concerts, the international farmers market, celebrity cameos, and this Writers Block Convention on Restaurant Row. A friend of mine owns the store and hired me on for promotions with the street team as a temp - so aside from this "under the table" payment of $50, is a $20 and chnage temp check that I should be receiving in the mail end of next week. I left the handfull of flyers in a stack at the reading lounge at the bookstore on Fifth and Main. I approached the customer service counter and I didn't have to sell the cashier on leaving the flyers, I just simply explained "Flyers for the Writers Block" and she replied "leave them in the reading lounge, thanks." Next, I ran over to Farrs to get my 50 dollars, and Rolf - the owner, was locking up with the $50 in his hand. He shuddered the now locked glass doors with both hands, cautiously checking if they were securely locked and noticed me approaching him, he smiled, and handed me the fifty. Without skipping a beat, I dashed over to the ATM machine and deposited the fifty dollar bill into my savings.

Seems like there was a lot of people gathering at the bookstore across the street from where I was. I asked myself, "I wonder what's going on?" I should have noticed if there was an event scheduled for today, but I'm so oblivious to signage and the sort, I am surprised that I notice when the light is green, or stop when I am prompted to when it is red. I remembered to pick up a bag of ice and behind was Ed's Liquor Store, so - in I went. I guess I will go with a foot bath and sit my feet in a tub of ice like cold fish that sits in ice, for outdoor sales.

When I got home, to my art studio - where I also live, the first thing I did was take off my shoes. My big toe was bleeding heavily, that it soaked my white socks red. I poured the ice to the brim of a small tub, carried it over to the loveseat and sunk my feet into the tub of ice, including my bleeding toe. (sigh) I fell asleep sitting there and woke up with my feet soaked in a tub of pink water, I guess from the discoloring of the blood.