******RP CURVE : Forum : Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors

16 Years Ago

After a hard fought battle to find parking within reasonable walking distance, she put the top up on her brilliant black, 2008 Mazda MX/5 Miata. This was her very first purchase after granny�s death.

No need to tell her that she looked good in the drivers seat of her little road demon. Only a blind fool would deny it. Rumor has it; she�s quite stunning in the backseat as well. No, her confidence doesn�t rest in humankind�s approval. As far as she is concerned - her approval is quite enough.

Finally! I made it and with only minutes to spare! Oh, where did I tuck that book?

A quick glance into her rear-view mirror and off she�d go. You know, the usually check list.

Oooh my...if it isn't the one and only...

She wasn�t about to give him a second glance � at least NOT while he was staring at her, staring at him.

Look down girl! Breathe, act sophisticated (yes) sophisticated. A table of temptation must first be set with the finest of precursory delicacies. After all, seduction is an art.

With Brandon out of sight and book in hand, she hurried toward the bookstore.

The overflow of signature seekers was painfully obvious. Thoughts of overstock.com came to mind as she eyed the overwhelming numbers of flesh butted up against flesh on the storefront sidewalk.

She murmured quietly about one thing or another as she made her way toward the chaos.

Move on over ladies because I'm on a mission.

Only time stood between the now and the shocking events that would soon play out behind closed doors - on this very day - in this very place.

(4) The Poet