******RP CURVE : Forum : Blankly Stared

Blankly Stared

16 Years Ago

I made it to the bookstore and being the wall flower that I am I just stood up at the back of the lounge -- hair slicked back, undried from my shower, with sunglasses -- scoping out the room. It was a book signing. An author named Brandon Cowell. Someone walked passed my way -- she was saying her excuse me's and pardon me's because the room was somewhat crowded. I noticed her because of her determined spirit gracing her way to meet the author. My eyes followed her as she floated through the room and lost sight of her as she made her way deeper on the other side of the bookstore.

(turns wrist up to glance at the time)

Oh, I have been here for 30 minutes already, maybe I should just go.

(I stood there longer amidst the monotone drone of people chattering and noticed the poster of Brandon Cowell..my thoughts were scattered and I was a little bit unfocused and my toe was still sore)

My, my what a crowd. How am I going to get that poster of Brandon Cowell down, and roll it up to take home.

I'll ask the service desk if I may have it. (I approached the counter with a slight limp.)

..."Would it be okay if I took that poster down?" she says "you're the guy who left the stack of flyers for the convention here for me.. sure let me get my step ladder" I hesitated and then said, "I could reach it... I un-pinned it from behind the window, rolled it up and tucked it under my arm... thanks very much." I turned towards the door, and the guy who lives in that suspicious house near my place was outside looking through the display window, I thought he'd say something as I walked out the door, but he just blankly stared through the window. 

(6) The Indie Author