******RP CURVE : Forum : Security

Security

16 Years Ago

Oh great... the next thing I know, some big security guard has me lifted off the ground. I looked rather stupid just punching at air so I stopped, putting my hands on the arms that were locked around me.

"MISS!" His deep voice bellowed through my ear. "We're going to have to ask you to--"

Before he could finish his order, another fight broke out. Stacey and another woman. She was probably f*****g her husband too. The security guard dropped me and took off after the new fight.

Just as I was about to hit the ground, two hands clasped my sides, helping me steady myself. I turned to see a guy that looked to be about my age. "Alexis" was in Sharpie on his breast. "Are you okay?"

I forced a smile, embarrassed that such a good looking guy had just seen me in one of my worst moments. But what should I care anyway? He probably just thought I was another crazy broad wtih anger management problems.

"Yeah... thanks. I'm, uh..." My mind went blank.

"Scottie?" He smirked and nodded toward my nametag.

I blushed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Yeah. Scottie." I noticed the portfolio tucked under his arm and immediately felt stupid. "My work... f**k!"

"What?"

"I'm just... God... Such a newbie at this..."

A woman stood up on a chair in the room, clapping her hands loudly. "May I have your attention please! The presentation will begin on the top floor in five minutes!"

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

as she stood there smiling, I became very shy and crawled back into my shell. I was trying to respond with something keen, when an announcement that the convention will be starting on the top floor was loudly presented by a woman standing on a chair!

I was sort of embarassed that I was so primped for networking (tools in hand, and dressed for an event versus casually dressed and spontaneous) but I just had to remind myself that I believe in myself - that I am believable...