******RP CURVE : Forum : Elevator Hall (past mid day)

Elevator Hall (past mid day)

16 Years Ago

so I was standing there getting ready to take the elevator to the first floor, where I can have a cigarette outside, with the doorman, when a force from behind swung me around; I couldn't believe the strength of this girl, I didn't recognize her at first, but it was Scottie - and very angry.

I guess I calmed her down by assuring that I had nothing against her, and she did mention how I didn't have to say anything for her inside the convention area; but by the time she calmed down, she didn't mention me defending her, and maybe my calming words sustains. I couldn't help but think what a strange day so far. I recounted what happened:

I remembered a guy earlier got some of his laptop cords intwined with my portfolio, and left us standing there face to face, there was those fights in the lobby with those women... then Scotti and myself introduced ourselves to eachother...

what could be in the air thats creating this vibe today, sort of an agressive day - under the lamp. I would usually say that "it's in the water" - I was thinking maybe it is because of that guy with the laptop and iguana... - I didn't respond to him with what was on my mind. They say if you don't speak your mind about something that happens to you, the incident sort of follows you around to happen again... and when we got latched on to eachother, he merely just apologized, and I just merely got unlatched, and walked away. Scottie was agitated still and telling me something about how I didn't have to judge her, I kept reassurring her, and approaching the elevator from behind us was the guy with the laptop; I recognized him because of the black turtleneck, and sports coat. I pointed at him like a social gesture, while switching over back and forth, my eyecontact with both Scottie and the other guy... Scottie was pretty much calmed down by now, but the guy with the laptop, name - inital D. something - tried to intervene and she became confrontational with him...  (low sigh) I need a cigarette. ... DO You know what else I need???  ... is one of those Ice Coffees they are selling in the lobby (sponsored by Mcdonalds, I know this because they had the arches up above the serving bar..) I tried to interrupt Scottie and D., - D., who ended up being that recent best selling author of that thriller "Bloodmoon on a River" (Damon Cortell) but D. was ready to make his way into the elevator, while I signaled Scottie and said "we were saying"... she had her arms folded and seemed uninterested, or maybe she felt a little bit exhausted. I followed D. into the elevator, and abruptly asked Scottie if she wanted an ice coffee... she skipped into the elevator and said yes.

I was reminding myself to also get a signed copy of Bloodmoon, it was very quite in the elevator.

As we reached the lower floor, we hurried to the coffee bar.

(6) The Indie Author