******RP CURVE : Forum : Re: The Unbreakable Block (ear..

Re: The Unbreakable Block (early evening)

16 Years Ago

Damon became chummy with me and put his arm around me. I'm one who is hypersensitive in casual touching; in other words I don't like being touched and I am sure that it showed when my facial features appeared carved and stone like but Damon then squeezed harder. He accentuated with a smile, and personable question - asking if I have ever been struck with writers block, and I responded with monotone moans resembling yes or no; then he commented about a chapter sucking... that he wrote, and specified jokingly that the reference was not made about writers block sucking, but the mere mention of connotative words (like suck) while his arm was around me, implied inuendo - to me, as I somewhat pulled away. Then he released his arm from his brace.

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

he was talking non-stop (ahem), but it was Damon Cottrell and I was flattered that he asked about the material I brought. He asked if I was networking, and I responded yes but that I haven't approached anyone to show my work to, because I would feel a bit impersonal...

and I  thought that I should rather put up a table also, but there is no such luck here at this convention - they don't have props for independent authors

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I noticed Louey shifting on his shoulder as Damon asked me what I do...

I replied I work in promotions at the Farrs Stationary Store off of Main and Fifth, I am also a self published author.

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

when I was motioning Louey as I thought he may jump or fall off of Damons shoulder - Louey started approaching me. He ran across Damons arm and onto my shoulder. Damon released his arm and chuckled, (I think)...

and I felt warm droplets of nature dripping like a bothersome faucet in need of repair from a leak; I approached to grab Louey from under his "arms" like a child but Damon yellped out

"Lucifer" and the lizard returned to his position on Damons shoulder, with his tail wrapped around the side of his neck.

I asked myself, "Lucifer?" could Louey be a short nik? with a name like that Damon must have some religious inclinations, like myself. - I silently prayed at the mention of a "fallen angel"

....it was a small wet spot that looked dark, next to the pristine color of white of my Fred Perry; I angrily grabbed the hankercheif Damon offered, and dried myself off until you couldn't notice the wet spot. I excused myself without a word and I can hear Damon apologizing from a distance and his voice becoming faint as I walked farther away to leave

((((((("Sorry, about that Alexis. I shouldn't have given him that iced coffee." I ..."Hey, I think your lady friend is about to leave. Are you just going to let her run off?")))))))

(As I walked away I revealed in silence to myself that I was aware that he had a gun in his coat pocket.)

...that guy had a gun in his coat pocket!! I should tell security.... or call the police ...

(6) The Indie Author