******RP CURVE : Forum : Restaurant Row (Writer's Block..

Restaurant Row (Writer's Block Convention)

16 Years Ago

((Scarlett Calvert
Apperance: http://i30.tinypic.com/fwnbpu.gif
Famous Author))

Smelling the coffee shop a mile away, I feel the goose bumps already crawling up my arm. I was in the mood for a coffee, needing it for a new book that I was coming up with.  I didn’t know exactly how to start, thinking that my bestseller book was going to cut it for about three months until I started writing a brand new book. But apparently, my boss Joe wants my book written sooner than I would have wished. I don’t hate my job; in fact I love it. But moving all the way from Minnesota to Manhattan was not what I had exactly in mind. Sure, I’ve always wanted to see new places and see new faces and all that nice jazz. Yet I left behind a simple life that I had, leaving half my family behind me ((including my ex-boyfriend Jeff, who had cheated on me a  few months ago with his math professor…ick, I know…she’s only a year older than him though and I was five years younger, so I guess that worked out well for Jeff…)). But whatever, I’ll live to see the next day. It’s not like anybody’s going to care anyways about me or my personal life, even if I am a famous author…

Crossing the street to get to the 28 Story Hotel, I look cautiously before taking my dive into what looks like a wave of heads on one section of the street. I bite my bottom lip as I mutli-task between flipping through songs on my Zune mp3 and trying not to bump into any stranger’s face. I’m not perfect, yet I manage to make it across the little section of the cross street, wanting to desperately sing to Belinda Carlise’s Heaven Is A Place On Earth (one of my favorites!).  It was towards the ending, the lines Ooh heaven is a place on earth being sung repeatedly throughout the song. I stand straight up, turning my head around to see if anybody was watching. “Aah crap…” I mutter as I click to the ‘songs’ section, putting the mp3 on shuffle. The song Everything You Want starts to play, making me cringe at everything about the song. The song was the song Jeff and I chose for each other, the lines He’s everything you want being dedicated just to Jeff! Oh god, I have to change it! Phew, there we go…I can’t listen to that damned song anymore, I just can’t.  Anyways, as I take another look around where I am, I see 28 Story Hotel right in the front of my nose and I let myself inside.

The goose bumps have faded away as the aroma of the lobby hit me; a tidal wave of other scents mixing in with the smells that I’ve grown to get used to. I walk up towards the counter, smiling as a man with dark brown hair smiles back at me with his glow in the dark teeth. There’s a sign for a Writer’s Block Convention, which makes me curious on who’s all going to be there. “Uhm, where’s the convention being held at?..” I asked, feeling a pink blush going over my face from embarrassment. The man just pointed around the corner with the sign, letting me feel like a little child that had just found out how to use a new toy. “..Thanks..” I quickly walk off as the man goes back to his work, watching a group of people coming in and out of a room that said ‘Writer’s Block Convention’. This is the kind of place I need to be at; I need ideas for my new book (Haha, Joe…in your face).

Pushing myself through wherever I can get through, I look around the room. I feel lost and small, not knowing if there were anybody I heard about around here or not. Shrugging at myself, I let myself wander around the place, taking a glass of water the waiter has given me as I gaze around the room once again, forgetting about the coffee smells that I had smelt before I came into this hotel…

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

There ya go, sweetie. Now at least you're in the same building as the rest of us =P

Just to give you an idea: I'm 35 in the rp. Not sure about the boys. The only main players are myself, Alexis, and Damon.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yay, I got it right. Lol. And ok, thank you for telling me. :]