******RP CURVE : Forum : morning shift at Farrs

morning shift at Farrs

15 Years Ago

I work 2 different four hour shifts; morning or afternoon. I made it to work this morning after my drunken night. Oliver greeted me when I walked in, and I suddenly remembered that I saw him with my own eyes last night! ... - coming out of that suspicious house. I felt extrememly uncomfortable to approach him about it... so I ended up dwelling on it throughout the whole morning. I sort of felt like there was something going to happen, like something strange, or that someone is watching me - something to cause me to become paranoid/reason to be paranoid and watch my back. I've mentioned before that there is a weird air about the neighborhood I lived in, and now seeing Oliver in the neighborhood - especially at that suspicious house.... the weird air exist now in my workplace... I feel sort of like everyone knows something in common that I don't...

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Walking across the street at around nine in the morning, I turn my wrist to see if it was really nine o’clock. I shrugged, making my way towards Café 79. I past a women was talking on her cell phone, having a debate between which restaurant was the best in Manhattan. I tried not to laugh at the silly conversation, biting the inside of my cheek as I entered inside of Café 79. ((I want to relax for a while until I went around town, hearing about a stationary place called Farrs (it’s right by Café 79; I can see it from the window of the chair I’m sitting in!). It wasn’t too crowed today, the seats near the fire place being empty. I smiled with a tiny glee, rushing over to the seat with my stuff practically thrown onto the couch. When I had gotten around the corner of the couch, I sank into the couch and watched the fire dancing around as I realized that it was Mother’s Day today (Is there anything else that I’ve forgotten or what?..Geesh..).  I look around the coffee shop, sighing as I took my purse onto my shoulder with a blink of an eye.

[[A few minutes later..]]

When I got inside of Farrs, I looked around for a Mother’s Day gift. I at first had gotten lost, seeing that it was more than a stationary card place; it also had office supplies as well (maybe I should get a few things here…hmm…). Then one of the employees came up to me and showed me where to go, which is where I was now. Standing on my tip toes to see what cards were on the shelves, I take a Mother Day’s card, reading the words that were in the inside of the card…

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I see Scarlett standing there reading a greeting card. I was about to approach her, but I was sure she didn't want to be bothered. I sort of tucked my body between two of the isles, where she was standing, so that I could still see her. From behind me, Oliver says outloud, "Alexis!" can you pass out more of these Rave flyers? Do them at the college parking lot"

I quickly appropriated my position in the store and grabbed stuff off the counter to seem like I was putting stuff away

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I was still flustered about Oliver being in my neighborhood at that suspicious guys house, and now Scarlett is here in the store, and I'm confronting myself about if I am jealous still, I sort of thought about the gun Damon had in his coat pocket, I'm not sure why, maybe I was wondering if she knew he had a gun, or maybe...

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Searching through a few of the Mother Day's cards, I finally picked one out that that flowers in a bouquet and a butterfly on it. I took the card into my hands, going through a few sections of the store to see if I needed anything else. So I grabbed a pencil sharpener, going towards a cash resister that had the number seven on it. I heard the name 'Alexis' being shouted, wondering if it was the Alexis that I knew or not...

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I noticed that she found a card that she liked...

and picked up a pencil sharpener... I felt like a stalker, noticing every little detail... down to the "seven register" she was headed toward...

...her mother will enjoy the butterfly on the card...

(my headvoice sighed melodically - happy Mothers Day...Scarletts mom...)

(6) The Indie Author

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

As I was paying for my things, I spotted Alexis and waved to him a bit with a small smile. I then took the pencil sharpener that was in the small bag, accidently dropping my wallet onto the ground. I picked it up quickly, nodding my head in thanks as I was about to walk out of the store...

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Scarlett waved at me, and I waved back while I sprinted over to talk to her. I told her that I saw her all over the papers and the television, with Damon (and cracked half a smile open). I said to her, I guess the world thinks you're an item (as I brushed the front of my vest as if I just ate and I had to dust off my bib, and not making eye contact).. I continued... are you? ... <ahem> an item...?

( a sudden surge of confidence ran through me when I got that off my chest; at this point, I didn't care what her response was, whether it was true that they are an item and have been dating, or whatever...)

(6) The Indie Author