100 % Review : Forum : If you will

[reply] [quote]

If you will

17 Years Ago

::biggrin:: [color=red][/color][size=18][/size]
Invite all of your friends to our new group. I think it has alot of potential.

Thanks,
Casey C. Vaughan
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I don't have any friends on here yet ::drool::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinful Kitten
I don't have any friends on here yet ::drool::

Whell Kat. The shadows (namely myself) are always out at night.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Appearance is (almost) everything. Isn't it? Really?

With that said, I thought, since this group welcomes reviews, good or bad, and wishes to promote good writing and encourage young and developing talent, I thought I should edit the greeting on the group's front page. I'm truly surprised no one's done this yet.

"This is a group where we review eachothers writings. Good reviews or bad reviews, they all matter. All people want is opinions on there writings, so lets give them.
Thanks for joining and reviewing."

Without adding too many words, a revision might look like this:

This is a group where we review each other's writing. Good reviews or bad reviews, they all matter. All people want is an opinion on their writing. So let's give it to them. Thanks for joining and reviewing.

That's my review. I just thought a group of reviewers and editors should catch mistakes like those. True writers who want educated opinions can hardly take a group seriously with all those mistakes on the front page.

*Meant to be courteous, really.*
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

See how much your opinion means. It took this long to reply. First of all, real poetry comes from within. Raw emotion is my passion. Taking someone seriously is in the eye of the beholder, " you see what you let yourself." You may catch mistakes but being an a*s is different. I'm so glade I left this site. It's full of self absorbed, pathetic, talentless, wanna be poets. Have a nice day Mr. Critic and do realize that I'm a published writer that's what editor's are for, jackass.

By the way, I meant to be helpful.

Casey C. Vaughan

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

HA HA I love it! I just got done having a HUGE blowout with another writer on here about how he'd rather lie to people to please them than give them a few critiques. I was like seriously? I thought we were here to help each other? Not boost self-esteem. (Although that does help from time-to-time.) I think everyone can read the gist of what this group is about without critiquing it. That's a little too over-the-top.

Becca

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Casey, I'm rather surprised at the close mindedness you displayed in the above post. All the writer was trying to do was contribute and improve the group. I don't mean to stick my head were it doesn't belong, but it appears no one else has done anything to defend him. before writing this, I read your profile bio. You write from the heart, it says, and to "keep it real" you refuse to edit or change your writing, which is fine. far be it from me to impose my opinion on another writers work. but you must keep in mind that this is not about one of your poems. this is about the front page of a group that several hundred people are apart of. and I find it disturbing that you've started a group with the intent of encouraging criticism and then bite the head off of the first person to give their opinion of your work. you must keep in mind that your writing may very well come directly from your heart as solid gold without so much as a spell check, but others may indeed not be so fortunate, and may be accustomed to improving themselves. Now that I've witnessed the quality of this group's moderator, I am forced to rethink my decision of joining.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

What I think is thus:
Everyone should be happy and treat others as they would like to be treated.
If the world were happier, I think we'd be better off. Let's just get along.