Alpha Readers : Forum : Threads

Threads

9 Years Ago

I'm contemplating an odd story structure; specifically two threads that are the same storyline except one is past and one is present. They would join at or shortly after the big reveal that separates them.

I'm sure this has been done many times (what story structure hasn't?) but I haven't read any stories that do this. Have you? Was it done well? Have you done it?

Mostly looking for "Story X did that and it sucked, don't try that structure" before I get too much effort invested.

Please let me know!

Gre7g

Re: Threads

9 Years Ago

I was hoping someone else would chime in here, but no one has. So I decided to reply so you didn't feel like you were left hanging.
I don't particularly know of a story quite like that. At least nothing that comes to mind. I'm also not really sure how to approach it. 
This seems like a really tricky project and if I think of an example, I'll let you know.

9 Years Ago

Chick lit Kristin Hannah's Winter Tale did something like this Greg, it was quite effective. Also Child 41, I can't recall the author right now. Both good reads, one a romance, the other a criminal suspense story.

9 Years Ago

Okay, thanks for the references!