Anti-psychiatry : Forum : My car battery is dead so I am..

My car battery is dead so I am stranded now until I get that fixed that makes me sad and frustrated too

16 Years Ago

so now I can't go swimming, and is that sadness I feel a symptom of this disease that you are talking about or mental illness or depression? I really wanted to and now I have to wait until my car gets fixed, but guess I ought to feel glad that I have a car so many people don't even have one of them, so I suppose that they would be even sadder and having an even harder time then me so does this mean that their depression is worse then mine?

So if this depression is a disease then how do we stop it because we can't stop or change every event in the world. So isn't it true that rather then drugs it is better sometimes if we are not rich or even if we are to learn to deal with the situations and circumstances we find in life and learn to do the things that make them better?

Once these conditions are better again for the most part many people are much happier isn't that true, is this bi polar if you write it down, does this make my theory a fact that everyone would be depressed and bi polar under these same conditions?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Yes, well stated. But some people feel it more severely than others. Think of it as catching a cold I guess.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

that is not a disease, it is a normal expression of feelings and we all have to have feelings at times, now let me say that I have went through some really extreme ones over certain situations and came out on the other side again without treatments or drugs, that is what I am getting at, make things change make them different get peoples real needs met and things change and they are not addicted fight for that! I would go along with that I would help anyway that I could, but I would not call it chemistry or mental illness, I would call it being human with one another, serving human rights and human needs and making sure that things were done right and good and with dignity and respect for all of us. I will never say that there are not things in life that hurt and that we may not have problems and issues that we need to work with and work on, but self respect self dignity requires that it gets to be our choice and it has to meet our needs no matter what, drugs don't meet my needs they almost destroyed my life and any potential good thing that I have done in life, they are being misused and hurting people and yet I understand that those that are hooked on them may not be able to be pulled straight off of them because doing that can cause toxic seizures and it can make people feel terribly bad until they are over them, but there is not even any drug free drug treatment centers what is that about?

Quote:
Originally posted by Budimir Zdravkovic
Yes, well stated. But some people feel it more severely than others. Think of it as catching a cold I guess.