Anything and Everything : Forum : Published

Published

11 Years Ago

I just got a piece of my work published in a magazine and I should be excited about it but the problem is I don't want to be recognized for that one piece, I want to be recognized for my dark poetry. Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way before besides me?

Re: Published

11 Years Ago

It makes sense. I've had this type of thing before, maybe not a whole piece but someone will tell me how awesome one part of a story is when I was hoping that another part that I worked my hands to the bone on and poured every emotion into would capture their attention. It's a disappointment when we're not recognized for what we're proud of but look on the bright side. Someone thought that some part of your hard work was worthy of every possible person seeing it. and you might even be able to use this to put more exposure on what you do want to be known for.

Re: Published

11 Years Ago

I got a story published recently which I literally wrote on a bus because I was bored.

I really didn't think it was my best story or anywhere close to it, but it was a horror story (it was on a tour with a lot of bus time, I got into a discussion with the person in front of me about the horror genre) and it was selected by a Halloween anthology. I suppose I'm happy to be recognised, but would be a lot more pleased if I one of my better stories selected.