Awarness Through Writing : Forum : Awareness

[reply] [quote]

Awareness

17 Years Ago

I've come to the realization that the more self aware I am the better I write. The funny thing is that you're right the more I write the more self aware I am. It's like I'm exposing something about myself that I didn't know. But if I didn't know it, how did I write it.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

It's difficult, in fact, almost impossible, to write about something you don't know about and be believable. Often times, we write about things we know subconsciously. In other words, we don't realize we know these things, yet them come off as quite creditable and spot on in our writings.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I have to believe that what I write comes from something, some other of which I will never be fully aware if only for its vastness. The Jewish theologian, Martin Buber, called this source the "primary word 'Thou'" which is the "eternal source of art" and yet is also the "eternal meloncholy of our fate" since we--as human beings--can never fully understand "Thou." Instead it rises up to us and--if we rise to meet it and speek the word "Thou" with our whole being--we are able to produce art from that meeting.

So, when we write--and we are able to explicate some part of ourselves of which we were not previously fully aware--we are tapping into that pool of inspiration Buber called "Thou."