Beats Of Heart And Soul : Forum : I adore the writers on top wri..

[reply] [quote]

I adore the writers on top writing ..

16 Years Ago

Some are in our group which makes me happy .. here and there though it would be nice to see some new faces there so let's all get together and read each other's writing and show the Cafe something new, what do you think?
No offense  to any of the top writers.. love them all..
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Many of the 'top' writers are here for little more than to be minor internet celebrities. They are not serious writers. "I write to express myself! Don't be so serious! I'm not worried about grammar, it's my form of therapy!" (heard it a million times. get a diary). And despite their lack of grammar, spelling and oft disregard for the English language, their work is the most read and highest rated. Or they just woo people with their poetry, which is more or less mediocre. Then again, I have no expertise in poetry and consider 90% of it found on writerscafe.org to be a waste of time (and not the readers', snatches).
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Originally posted by Jonah 'Kipp' Hawthorne

Many of the 'top' writers are here for little more than to be minor internet celebrities. They are not serious writers. "I write to express myself! Don't be so serious! I'm not worried about grammar, it's my form of therapy!" (heard it a million times. get a diary). And despite their lack of grammar, spelling and oft disregard for the English language, their work is the most read and highest rated. Or they just woo people with their poetry, which is more or less mediocre. Then again, I have no expertise in poetry and consider 90% of it found on writerscafe.org to be a waste of time (and not the readers', snatches).

But the 10 percent... what about their writing ?
They are the ones who are overlooked .. if you know any writers you like please
send a link of their writing to me.
I am one of the mediocre writers, i admit .. but i write with feeling and ususally about things i consider important .. but this is not about me .. thanks for responding .
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have been top writer before, and honestly I don't know how I got there.  I suppose something I wrote just caused it... I write from my heart and I think that is what does it....

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi Chloe,

Honestly, I hardly notice who is on top unless someone points it out to me. LOL My brain doesn't function like that, I fear. I am too busy with my own stuff and the wonderful readers who visit my corner of the cafe on occasion. I have my favorites, some of which I have seen repeatedly on Top Writer's when I have glanced over there, but other than that, they are just writers who are working their produce at a particular time, to me. I am not ready for the biz part of writing, yet, I suppose. LOL

Love to you,

Elaine

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Originally posted by Nicole (thanks rock star - that did cheer me up)

I have been top writer before, and honestly I don't know how I got there.  I suppose something I wrote just caused it... I write from my heart and I think that is what does it....

I know .. you write well.. that's how you got there.. and good for you.
But i think many of the top writers are hiding...

Chloe
xoxo
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Originally posted by E. M. Murren

Hi Chloe,

Honestly, I hardly notice who is on top unless someone points it out to me. LOL My brain doesn't function like that, I fear. I am too busy with my own stuff and the wonderful readers who visit my corner of the cafe on occasion. I have my favorites, some of which I have seen repeatedly on Top Writer's when I have glanced over there, but other than that, they are just writers who are working their produce at a particular time, to me. I am not ready for the biz part of writing, yet, I suppose. LOL

Love to you,

Elaine

Elaine,

You may not be in it for the biz but I do think you have what it takes.. too you could decide to act.. your voice is strong and your emotions come though... good stuff that..
Top writers , maybe i have talked long enough on this subject.
Thanks you all for responding .

Chloe
xoxo
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The one human quality that can't be hidden is arrogance, one of man's ugly traits. EM Murren is a Top Writer, and earned it with her talent. I found a unknown Romanian writer who dominated Top Writer and Top Writing. Unknown, but humble and talented. I always read writers who say the Top is a celebrity celebration. I often find their writing plain uninteresting. I like seeing new blood, but I never demean a writer.

There is no dormant genius being deprived. Sometimes people just don't like your style. I am making friends with an Iraqi, now. His writing is beyond compelling, but his English is difficult to read. His writing puts many of us to shame. He was a doctor, and now he is a writer. He is humble, a quality that trumps arrogance. Here's to all who write, and put their heart on paper. I will never call them less than me. Arrogance is often a sign of self doubt. Rain..