Camp Nano Group! : Forum : I'm So, So Sorry

I'm So, So Sorry

7 Years Ago

Hi, you guys—I have no idea how regularly you check this group, but I felt I had to apologize. I didn't mean to disappear during July—I absolutely intended to work on my novel—but then came one camp, then another, and then the clincher: summer homework. I'm so sorry I disappeared on all of you without any explanation, and if any of you are still planning on it, I'd still love to do proper NaNo will all of you lovely people. Again, I'm so sorry for any hurt/confusion I might have caused. I hope you're all doing well, and I hope I see you through the screen soon!

Re: I'm So, So Sorry

7 Years Ago

Hey! I'm so sorry too, life has been manic! How are you??

7 Years Ago

Hey! I feel—life's been mostly school, boy drama, and trying to write a novel for the YoungArts competition, which is fun but also exhausting, since I have to be done by October 14th. Bleh. How about you??

7 Years Ago

Hey there :) Nice to hear from you! How is your novel for Young Arts Competition doing? And what is it about? I hope the boy drama isn´t too bad? As for me, I´m going through preliminary examination right now and it´s really the hardest and most exhausting period in my life. Are you going to participate in this year´s NaNoWriMo? I´m not sure if I will have enough time to write. But I´d really like to participate anyway. Perhaps I´ll do an „inofficial“ NaNo with a lowered word goal. :)  

7 Years Ago

Hey! I'm sorry exams are so tough; that sucks :( I hope you pull through okay! I'm definitely doing it this year; things seem to actually be going pretty smoothly for me (shocker, I know) and I really think I can win this year. Yeah; the boy drama isn't too bad, as it turns out, which is a huge relief. (I hate being in the middle of any kind of drama that's not onstage.) On the subject of exams, you can do it!! You're absolutely going to rock this. As for NaNo, I'm pretty sure you can choose your word count—although that might have just been for Camp NaNo. Either way, whether you do so or not, I'll be cheering you on all the way through :) Edit: I forgot you asked what my story was about! It's kind of weird; it involves an alternate universe, the Roman Empire, an island settlement, cultural erasure, and metallic dragons. It's really weird, like I said, but it's so much fun to write. Right now I'm at 48k words; wish me luck with finishing! As long as I'm done by October 14th....

7 Years Ago

Hey :) October 14th is near, how´s your story doing? Are you able to finish it on time? By the way, your story sounds like a cool mashup of Doctor Who and The Hobbit, so I bet it´s great. ;) My exams are finally over now but I have to go back to college soon. (Not really time to rest and recover, but at least there is no risk that I might get bored… ^^´) I think about being a NaNo rebel and revise the second book of the trilogy I´m working on. It would not be the same feeling as writing a whole new story but I feels like something I could actually manage to do this November. Have you already thought of a story you want to write this November? Some interesting characters? :)