Creative Writing And Short Stories Group : Forum : Six Questions For ... Blog, wh..

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jim
[reply] [quote]

Six Questions For ... Blog, where editors, agents, and publishers tell all.

14 Years Ago

In response to a post on my personal blog about rejection, a reader suggested I publish a series of interviews in which editors "list, in excruciating details, all that each editor desires in his/her stories." Wow. What a great idea. Not only does this provide authors with specific information about what editors are looking for in the submissions they receive, it offers editors a venue for advertising their publications and getting the word out about what, in their opinion, constitutes "good writing."

To support this effort, I created the Six Questions For . . . blog. You can learn more about this project by reading the Welcome message and current post at A new set of responses will be posted every Monday and Thursday (except 12/3, 12/24, and 12/31).

A sampling of other participants includes: Anderbo, Apollo’s Lyre, Boston Literary Magazine, Camroc Press Review, dcomP, Dew on the Kudzu, Flash Me Magazine, Grey Sparrow Journal, and Toasted Cheese.