Dead Poets Society : Forum : Breathless

Breathless

13 Years Ago

A lesson life has taught me   Is to always keep my heart completely empty   Feelings are felt by the weak   And someone to care for isn't someone to seek   Secrets are kept for a reason   And to betray them is treason   You came along and taught me to express   My thoughts and feelings, you said to just confess   So I did and in a drunken state of mind   I let you see a part of me you weren't supposed to find   I revealed the way I felt about you   A pound of raw emotion; what I said was true   Alcohol used to control me it was what I was all about   Then you lead me down a different route   I claimed my freedom   And crowned myself king, the world is my kingdom   My new point of view came two days too late   And so I missed out on my lucky chance my grip on fate   Sometimes the past is too hard to forget   I grew up the hard way, I was terrified of regret   Now I'm faced with a morose situation   I'm overcome with a numbing sensation   I hear a profound silence as I realize   That I just lost the most beautiful prize   I'm left with these could-have-been memories   But I'm supposed to watch them fly away with the breeze   I fell in love with your perfect smile   But the language I speak is that of denial   I'm looking forward to the month of December   I hope I'll freeze, maybe I won't remember   Sometimes I still think it's best to be emotionless   To march through the fields of life completely painless   But when I watched you leave, you left me breathless...     Opinions??