Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Dragon Knight Chronicles : Forum : What inspires you?

What inspires you?

10 Years Ago

When it comes to a writer in the fantasy genre we have to have lots of inspiration. We have to have that book, movie, person, or even animal that helps us craft our story. This could be as simple as creating a character that just makes up a scene for that chapter, or helps create the main character that fuels the whole book. The question here is: What person, animal, book, or movie inspires you to sit down and create the world that your readers love?

Re: What inspires you?

10 Years Ago

I am rarely inspired. I usually just think and suddenly an idea randomly pops into my head and I think, man that would make a good story! So I write it. When I am inspired, it is usually when I actually write good. My book I am currently working on I thought of after finishing the amazing series of Lord of the Rings almost a year ago. I loved it and it inspired me to write The Ginivan Blade. Inspiration really helps your stories. :)

10 Years Ago

I have found that when I get stuck with my writing if I pick up one of my favorite books or a knew one I tend to get inspired to start working on my own book again. I get this way to when I am watching a movie that falls into theme with my stories.

10 Years Ago

When it comes to my writing, I also go towards my collection of fantasy fiction books. I've read the Hobbit through and loved it. I go towards it for a lot of inspiration. Right now I'm working on The Lord of the Rings. I'm in the Two Towers and at the part where Treebeard is taking Merry and Pippin through Fangorn Forest. I plan to read another Tolkien book, The Children of Hurin, when I get done with The Lord of the Rings. So I'll have plenty of inspiration!

10 Years Ago

Bailey, I actually just got done reading the hobbit this summer. I presently have started reading The Lord of the rings. I'm actually only in the first book still but hopefully I'll finish it within the year. It's hard to say between homework, textbook reading, and trying to find time to squeeze time in for writing and working.

10 Years Ago

It's the same with me. With all my college work, it's hard to find time to read or write.

10 Years Ago

The Lord of the Rings is great! Don't let the boring parts get you down!

10 Years Ago

Oh no I love it so much. I haven't found any boring parts yet lol!

10 Years Ago

I came across a few slow parts but the hints he levels keep me reading. But, I don't find myself as obsessed with reading The Lord of the rings trilogy as I am with other books. I actually sat the book down about a week ago and have yet to pick it back up with all the things I have to do. It doesn't drive me nuts, which isn't a good sign. But, the hobbit was excellent I read it in a week. :)

10 Years Ago

Yes I'm the same. I think it's because The Lord of the rings is separated into differnet books or something. But I really enjoy reading it. I like reading older stuff, like Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë