Dragon Knight Chronicles : Forum : What's your favorite thing to ..

What's your favorite thing to write about?

10 Years Ago

This is so exciting! Ok, so I know this is a group for fantasy writers, but I'm asking for what is your favorite fantasy thing to write about? Is it dragons? Elves? An entirely different world? Share the things of fantasy you love to write about and ideas you have that might make an awesome story/book!

Re: What's your favorite thing to write about?

10 Years Ago

I'll go ahead and say mine: I love dragons and elves. I'm on a roleplay group here where both my main characters are elves. (Called Fantasy World. It's been going on for a long while, but if your interested in adding a new character to the story, then just go over there and ask!) Also the book, which is a long process, is about dragons and dragon riders!

10 Years Ago

I love so many different elements in the fantasy genre to write about. The book I'm presently writing contains many of my favorite. This is a world I created myself along with a few things I created myself. In my book there are: elves, mages, dragons, dragon Ryder's, kings, queens, dwarves, and so many more. I was inspired by my favorite movie and books, this being "the lord of the rings" and "eragon" the inheritance series. I also am throwing around a different story that inspired by my new favorite series that I have been following since its start. This one is "Percy Jackson and the Olympians". I'm thinking about doing a futurized version called "the Halfblood academy". But, this is a work in process that I only mess with when I'm stuck with my book.

10 Years Ago

Oh yes the book I'm trying to do is about dragons and dragon riders. I already have it set as a trilogy. Just if I can get the time to get it done. That would be the happiest and biggest accomplishment ever for me! And I love Eragon as well! I haven't read the fourth one yet, but I'm working on getting there. And I also have a side story that I play with every now and then, where a girl gets sucked into her favorite childhood story and has to save it. I got the idea after watching Inkheart once.

10 Years Ago

I am actually not a fan of dragons. Usually when I see a book has a dragon on the cover, it is automatically, "oh, it's a children's book." I know it's wrong of me, but it's what I do. :( I like to write about werewolves and wizards. I like dwarves too. They just seem so funny! I have never really thought of elves as good guys. They have such an advantage over humans, it seems like they'd have to gloat a little, so my elves are evil. Oops. :)

10 Years Ago

:) It's ok. It's cool to see other peoples opinions of the type of creatures and characters that make up the fantasy genre. And yes I love dwarves and wizards, just I don't know why but I don't write about them!

10 Years Ago

Omg...bob you don't like dragons :'( just kidding. I love all kinda of creatures. There is lots of diversity in my books when I write. Actually, my in progress book Tarzinea, is suppose to be about dragons but they don't really have a place until the final book. I'm trying to make it into a trilogy. There is most good elves in mine but there is going to be a major dark elf that turns traitor throughout the book. Actually I fell in love with dragons when I read the book song in the silence. It is very adventurous and is gruesome at points. I actually never came across a dragon book that is childish. The details in them are more for teens and adults.

10 Years Ago

Yea my dragon series has both good and evil dragons with their dragon riders. Really the main character is a dragon rider