East Midlands Creative Writing Group : Forum : Challenge

Challenge

11 Years Ago

What does everyone think about trying to write one poem per month each using a specific poetry form, for example iambic pentameter?
John

Re: Challenge

11 Years Ago

It's a good challenge, however, I may shy away from it because I struggle to write one poem of any format each month. I may try a short story each month, until it clashes with the next novel. I'm sure other's would be willing to take you up on it though :-)

11 Years Ago

Ah found it ! just getting the hang of this site ! 
I think it's a good idea, as I probably need  a push to try something new like that, maybe its how you present it to people. If you say here is an example of..... and then ask people to come up with a piece for a week before the next meeting and we can all have a go at the challenge. 
Great Idea, and we'll all learn stuff like the Haiku ! 
AL :-) 

11 Years Ago

I'm not really interested in writing poetry thanks John, but an interesting challenge for others.

11 Years Ago

Been a while hasn't it?
Promise I have not fallen off the face of the earth, just not felt like doing anything really... 
Had two ops change; one of their doing the other mine, as I had a stinking cold.
Shall, all being well have it done THIS Wed. And all being well (i.e: I wake up etc) I shall be there at the meeting too...
I wouldn't mind trying this, but there aren't many poem "types" I know about... have no idea what the one you mentioned is or how to do it. If you can help me understand what it is you'd like me to try; then sure, I shall try anything once ~ twice if I really like it of course!
Happy New Year everyone ~ promise to come back properly soon xxx

11 Years Ago

I think it's a great idea. And for those of us not used to writing poetry in certain ways (or at all) it would be - if nothing else - a growing experience. So count me in - but as Nicky said - when choosing a form, please explain in detail what we need to do.

11 Years Ago

My effort is posted in my writing.

11 Years Ago

I too have posted my "Where do we go from here?" contribution in My Writing.