Ex-lit : Forum : Welcome Elizabeth

Welcome Elizabeth

15 Years Ago

Elizabeth

It's great to see you on these boards- I hope you enjoy it here as I  have.

my warmest
bob

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi Elizabeth.

Glad to have another familiar and talented person in this group.  I just go by my name here - no more desvelado.  Tainted name, ya know.

Look forward to reading, and being inspired by, you again.

- Francisco

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi Elizabeth...so happy to see you here with us...you will find this a very welcoming site, and will make many new friends, I'm sure.  Take your time and visit the various groups,,,there is something for everyone here!

Welcome!

Bea

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

What a spirit lifter to see you all here! Thanks to my favorite myth master, Bob, for telling me about this site. I have really missed both writing and reading, and the respect and admiration I had for our community at the old lit site.

I need to get my feet wet here, so be patient while I learn the ropes. I'm sure I'll catch on pretty quickly. Looks like I have a bit of reading to do to catch up. It will be a pleasure!

It's so nice to be so warmly welcomed. I feel like I've come home after too long an absence-

There are a few other Litters I'd like to see show up here.

Maybe it's time for a "Spring-Fling". Cyber cocktail parties are always so much fun!

You have already inspired me to pick up my pen again, (and paint-brush too)!

To you all, thanks for the welcome, and all best blessings sent your way-

Elizabeth

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Welcome long lost friend :)

Wonderful to see your name again and in this place, that is like a comforting balm. I am terribly busy at the moment but will steal time soon.

Namaste,

Tina x

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi

Seems half the world became unemployed and the rest of us are so busy we have no time to turn round......

I am sure the day has shrunk...it used to be 24hours long at one time.....

Now here is a little exercise for those that are so busy......

Take a pencil or pen (if you can still afford a Pen) and write down what you hoped to achieve during the day...or even what you wanted to do..........

Then  how much time you spent on each item doing it..... maybe tick it off if you did achieve your aim

If you can account for even a fraction of your gainfully employed time I will be surprised.

Being a production manager (among other things)  it was always amazing to me the excuses / reasons people came up with that they couldn't fit in the work in the allocated time allowed.... Yet all the claims for extra pay based on ever increasing efficiency was never far from their minds.....

I make no excuses...... If I am busy...it's busy having fun..or doing very little..the rest can wait....

I used to keep a "to-do" list (it was actually better than doing the jobs) then I could carry forward at the end of each week the outstanding matters...... the bonus was I could delete some items and not carry them forward without doing anything..... Wow what a waste of time it would have been spending time on those tasks.....

If  this place makes me smile laugh or wets my appetite in any way shape or form I will of course spend more time here.......

Whoops...... just too honest I guess....

Eric

PS....... Hiya Elizabeth....hope you have a great time here too xxx

PPS..... OK who is in charge here   bout time you got something moving... don't you know a leaderless group is just a rabble....

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

*Note to Eric:

As I am now running a camp site/bunk houses/B&B/function venue in the Dales - I truly have no time at all!! This end of the business world is booming - the pound is useless against the Euro so all are staying in the UK for cheaper holidays and you don't get much cheaper than camping. 'Green Weddings' too are filling faster than I can find caterers and I have yet to hire any more than a few part time cleaners for help.

Interviewing for a live-in couple next week so hoping the work demand will ease a little then. The owner believes in miracles - or at least he must do with the wage budget!! lol

*Note to the 'Leaderless' (quoting Eric):

We are not leaderless - we are equal.

Must go tend to 60 rabble-rousing birthday party guests who are here for an event. Am enjoying this one a lot as nearly all attendents are part of UK peace movement (even Lord Bath is here in a bobble hat!) and a great band is due on in an hour. Called in my daughter an a friend as bar-troops for the night... see you in the quiet xxx

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hey

You should be down in London for the G20 scrap.....

Yes you are right the old peace movement is great ...Cheap... they dont seem to mind what squalour they live in.... they like a bit of rough   he he he and all very sexy....

On the other hand us squaddies did a bit of rough during our stint...... all the girls loved a uniform too

Seems like the only ones missing out are the rich buggers robbing us all..... they have to pay for their fun and games ....yawn so bloody boring...probably pay over the top for their sexual encountres too...

I was lauging at the message I saw from the G20 in London    something about eating bankers.... however I like my meat fresh.....

Eric

PS glad you are into something you can get your teeth into Tina......xxx