Experienced, yet Amateur Writers : Forum : Writing Pet Peeves

Writing Pet Peeves

12 Years Ago

What is your writing Pet Peeve? 
What just bugs you when someone does it when writing? 

Re: Writing Pet Peeves

12 Years Ago

When my sister is breathing down my neck. I just can't consentraite when she does that! Also, When the T.v. is on really loud. I get destracted and start watching the T.v. which enables me to consentrait.....

12 Years Ago

When people read aloud and go like  "You spelled this wrong!!" or when u have a grammar nazi (someone who has to correct grammar) on your back. 

12 Years Ago

It annoys me when people rely excessively on variation of font/color/size to provoke interest.  It also annoys me when all the characters have the same voice with little variation.

12 Years Ago

@ Subway,

When I write, I cannot have ANY noise. Otherwise, my concentration is out the window. 

@ Imagination-mage

I hate that at times too. I only offer spelling errors unless there are like A LOT of them. This one short I read, there were at least twenty errors. It drove me nuts. If you call yourself a writer, and have that many spelling errors, there is obviously something wrong. But I agree, I usually dont see the errors if there is only one or two, especially if its a good read. 

@ Entre

I most certainly agree with you. Its frustrating when there is HUGE and color and blaaaaahs all over. Formatting is important, but to an extent.