FUTURISTIC COLLAB GROUP : Forum : the world

the world

11 Years Ago

i don't mean to seem anal retentive; i'm just trying to stop myself from procrastinating. so this is basically where we can discuss things about the world of the novel and stuff.. i'll wait for someone else to start first. cause i have a habit of saying my ideas and then being really stubborn, so remember guys be open minded... that's what i'm trying to do.

Re: the world

11 Years Ago

What i've managed to formulate and come up with: 

*Set in the year 2150 (give or take)
*In some western European city so that there will be a sense of multicultural traits to each of the stories
*Very, very, technologically advanced and developed.
 Main technologies:
      - Holographic walls
      - Artificial organs and improved mechanical eyes with HUD and interactive interface
      - Hover beds, hover cars, holographic freeways and bridges to maintain order.
      - transport method: oval shaped pods with undersides that allow for elevation
      - Novotek, a distinguished and vital company that is at the vanguard of synthetic organ development 
      - My story is going to be of about two officers investigating a series of grisly synthetic-organ related murders.

This is not even scratching the surface to be honest though. We need to poll together our ideas to create a very immersive and very frightening future for the reader. 

11 Years Ago

I think that while the cities should be very advanced, the countryside should be very far behind technologically as well as poor and neglected. I'm thinking of writing my story set in the countryside. :)

11 Years Ago

like the lower classes are in the farmland and the upper classes are in the city (like 1984's proles)? also like  novotek; bad guys? ultimately in control of everything? is the technology somewhat restrictive? idk haha just asking stuff.