Fantasy Writers Guild : Forum : What is your favorite fantasy ..

What is your favorite fantasy creature?

14 Years Ago

It can be a popular one that everyone is familiar with or it could be your own creation (but please describe them).

Re: What is your favorite fantasy creature?

14 Years Ago

It's got to be the dragon, right? It's not original by now, but it's definitely an iconic beast.

14 Years Ago

There is nothing unoriginal about a mythical creature.  Because of the sheer nature of the concept you can recreate the creature to your command. I wrote a book about mermaids but I changed them to meet what seemed more practical and realistic to me.  A dragon can become both a fierce creature to be reckoned with, a mind of their own.  Or they could be faithful protectors that have mythical powers along with their fierce attributes.  A dragon could be the angry side of a different creature or something to that effect.  If you take a different creature and have them morph into a dragon when they reach such a point of bitterness in their life that their normal form cannot handle it.  It is all about the view point of the writer and reader.

12 Years Ago

I have a few to mention, dragon's,elves, dwarfs,wizards, unicorn's,etc.

12 Years Ago

Gargoyles.  I love how they're always mistaken for a demon, but serve almost the exact same purpose as a guardian angel. XD

12 Years Ago

I wouldn't call them creators but RA Salvatore's dark elves. ruled by woman and pure evil, with extreme power.

3 Years Ago

I have to say Dwarves. They're innovative, strong, blunt sense of humor, and have large families. I can relate because I am the youngest of 6 brothers which acted very much like dwarves!

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114