Fantasy and Science Fiction Discussion : Forum : Welcome! (Slash Introductions..

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi, my name's Dan and I joined this site about four hours ago. I absolutely adore anything Science Fiction or Fantasy. I especially like Victorian Science fantasy like HG Welles. I'm a major fan of comics and Graphic Novels (Sandman and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen being my favourites) and my favourite TV show is Doctor Who. Any fans of the show can find the opening chapter of a shelved fanfic in my writing if you wish to browse.

In terms of writing I stick mainly to these genres. My strength I feel lies in my dialogue writing, so I tend to write more script than prose work (comics, TV and Film Scripts) but I do occasionally get a prosaic idea that I jot down. My style tends to be quite coloquial, and anything I write (even horror) tends to have a slight humourous under-current.

I'm also a Briton, hailing from "The Las Vegas of the North" (although why they call it that I'll never know) Blackpool.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you haven't read it then I'm sure you won't mind me saying* I dislike you for no reason whatsoever.

*because you'll never know

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome (as I said on your profile)!  I'm glad you took an interest in my group.  It seems that we're getting more people from the U.K. than anywhere else recently, which I find interesting.

I can tell from your introduction that you will indeed have some humorous quality to your writings.  The last sentence and the footnote made me laugh.

Uh... I saw an episode of Dr. Who once, I think.  I liked it, but not enough to watch it again.  That might be credited to me having an American sense of humor, though, and not so much of a British one.  I did, however, like Trigger Happy TV back in the day. 

Graphic novels can be fun to read from time to time as well.  I personally liked 300.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm Xtabber, a big fan of speculative fiction.

I've read my share of fantasy work, and prefer China Mieville and his ilk to Tolkeinesque work.

My true love is sci fi -- both reading it and writing it.  I've got a few pieces of work on here already.  I'd be happy to constructively review work, and, of course, would greatly appreciate the same for my work.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome to the group.  I've read some of your work, and I'm certainly glad to have you with us. 

I'm a fan of the weird fiction as well, though I lean more toward H.P. Lovecraft and the old-school kind than the New Weird sort, like China Mieville.  I also like Tolkien, though, and would never discount his influence on the fantasy world (not to say you do, but that's one of my major turnoffs toward Mieville).

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hola everyone,

My name's Lytrell. I'm an aspiring writing. There's something about futuristic writing that has always interested me. I've been working on this one story since I was a freshman in high school. I hoping to meet new people, help them with their writing and have them do the same for me.

next Next Page
last Last Page