Fluffy Sugar B*****s Club : Forum : HELP!

HELP!

16 Years Ago

I smell some censoring going on here in the cafe and I'm not pleased.

I asked a fellow Fluffy Sugar B***h to enter my contest. I asked her to write a scathing piece on her view of sin. She had originally replied that she had some ideas for it, and was planning on sitting down to write a fictional story. I was looking forward to something that might curl some toes, get some panties in a bunch, or at least get people to think.

But noooooo...I just got a message from her saying she couldn't enter my contest. She has apparently received a warning from the mods saying people (mostly religious types I think) are offended by her writing or something. Which is a big load of crap in my opinion.

So...onto my point. Am I wrong for finding this appalling? Should we just sit back and say "Your website, your rules."?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Okay...so, she closed her account.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

What? Are you serious Kali? Do you think they made her close it?
I had no idea they sensored stuff. I dont think it's really fair--at least when it comes yto your contest. What could the religious types get angry about? The next thing you know, they wont let us write about Vampires because Im sure the "religious" fanatics dont like those either! Then what? Are we going to stop writing about everything?
90% or more of it is FICTION anyway...maybe the people who are offended should just NOT READ the s**t then!!!!!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

That was my opinion as well. Honestly, if you're offended by something, ie the piece titled 'n****r', then just don't read it. It's not like people here are being forced to read something.
Granted, Stacilynn could be very vocal about things that could offend people, but I believe she had a right to say anything she wanted. She got 2 warnings from the mods, and decided to beat them to the punch by closing her account herself. I have no idea what the first warning was about, but I'm pretty sure that the second was due to her response for "n****r". She fully supported the author's views and some of the people that disagreed reported her.
Crazy stuff.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Well, I dont know what this article was about...but I think maybe that word might have offended someone and I can kind of see why it was an issue. But like I said, I dont know anything about the issue or the article or what Stacilynn said...its too bad she canceled her account though. She shouldve tried to work things out.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think she got sick and tired of being told what she could and could not write about. I have to admit, some of her work was pretty tight, but whatever happened to freedom of speech? DOn't we even have that in our writing anymore? I thought she had great courage for saying some of the things so many people were thinking and too scared to say themselves. I didn't always agree with her point of view, but there was no need for censorship. As for the N word, she didn't write it, just agreed on the point of view of the writer who did.

I understand why you are so upset over this Kali, because I was too. Censorship is bad enough these days and you can't say or do anything in case it's 'politically incorrect', frredom of speech no longer exsists hun. XX

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I realized that it doesn't exist back when I was a teenager being told to mind my own business. ::confused:: But I thought at least here on the internet, it could have a small chance to thrive.

Lesson learned: If there's someone in charge, free speech is a myth.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

hmmm well after being coaxed back on here (wc) only to see the gossip machine has kicked in and vicious lies are being spread, i'm honestly scared to write much in a public area now.

the article Kali's talking about... the author wasn't using the word as a racial slur at all, rather discussing how the word can and can't have power, depending on what we the people do with the word. i made two mistakes. one, i stated in my review that i applauded the author for having the courage to write the article and then post it in a public forum, because i knew people would only read the "word' and not pay attention to the message of the article.

two, i made another mistake by calling out hypocrites trashing this author. Two individuals were trashing the author for his audacity to use a word that has caused so much pain to so many (again, his article was not about racism, far from it actually); these individuals had been involved in a recent contest using a picture of an overweight, naked man sitting in front of a computer, as an author and in their reviews of other authors making fun of the pictured man. Ahhh the laughter they all shared about people being overweight... Amusing for them and many others.... Yet they trash a man writing an article that discusses how to DISPEL the power of a hurtful word, but it's quite ok in their hypocrisies when they are hurting others with their words...

YES, i called them out for being what they are: hypocrites! Too many times large groupings of people will NOT step in and stop or speak up and voice against injustice. Why? I don't know the particulars, but there are psych case studies on this phenomenon. i've never been a person who will become flush with the wall and ignore someone being hurt by others. i've been the one hurt by others while everyone watches far too many times in my life to sit back and not use my voice or in this case, my words.

how many people on this web site happen to be overweight? do we really think everyone on wc is a size 0??? how many people read the poems and stories centered around the picture of the overweight, naked man siting in front of a computer? how many wrote reviews joining in the laughter? how many read the laughing reviews as well??? how many tears were shed, not from laughter, but hurt. how many decent, loving, compassionate people who also happen to be overweight whether it's only 5 lbs and messes with their heads or are erogenously obese shed tears reading thru all that laughter at someone overweight... myself, yea i could workout some more, but ui figure why do sit ups when i can just wear a corset! :) that's me tho. i can handle my dress size, but i know there are people out there in this world who are insecure about their weight, and deservingly so when bs like this happens and it's on a mass scale.

so yea, i made a mistake by calling out someone who was a hypocrite and not the first time i had mentioned it to the person, as i had prior to all of this going down but in private as i was surprised someone i considered a friend, and who had been hurt by some idiot leaving kkk bs on their profile, would turn around and become a part of this mass attack. when this person was attacked racially, they were hurt, and that's very understandable. yet they turn around and laugh at a whole group of people who have a weight issue and that's "funny." then turns around and slams someone for using a word that they find offensive, even tho the article, once again was about how we can DISPEL the power of this hateful word...

the warning from the owner stated there had been "many" recent complaints about my writings AND reviews.

my first warning months ago came from a moderator who found my use of the word "miscreant" to be offensive yet had no problem with the word just before it which is "depraved," both meaning the same thing. these words were used in a sentenced i had formed to fire at someone in an article i wrote about reviews here on the cafe. i had left a constructive review, i was emailed with words i will not repeat here in this forum, so i countered by calling them a depraved miscreant. yes, i can be a b***h when i'm cornered and provoked. i freely admit that.

yes i will sometimes leave a review which is more review/opinion than a critique as i tired of hurting people with the critiques, even tho many came to me asking that i be harsh on them, so they could learn. so i altered how i approached a review of someone's work. now i'm not allowed to have an opinion either, well that;'s not really true... if my opinion "agrees" i guess i'm fine, but dare i disagree...

i'm not a great person. i have so many flaws it would take quite some time to list them all. i can't seem to get along with people because i never keep my mouth shut. i hurt people with my words/thoughts/voice all the time because don't always agree. perhaps i am a waste of dna. but i didn't choose to be born and i don't have the courage to take my own life. so here i am. i honestly do like people. i like to help others, especially when they're hurting. yet i never seem to fit in. wherever i go i cause controversy. maybe i shouldn't try to be an active part of humanity, and just stay to myself. i used to be like that, and yes, life was quiet, but i became a lil too stir crazy, cuz as much as i tried to coax my dogs and cats to talk, they just kept meowing and woofing back at me... :)

i'm sorry i am what i am. i'm sorry that because of what i am i may be too jaded to be as nice as i should be? i'm sorry i exist because the last thing i want to do is hurt anyone, yet i somehow do that over and over again. i'm sorry i write with a voice that stands out, when maybe i should be silenced. maybe i should just go be by myself and write because i love to write. maybe i shouldn't think it would be fun to share what i write with others. so many sorry's, so many maybe's... i'm starting to disgust myself by saying them over and over again.

i think i need to silence myself before i get accused of wasting bandwidth and not sticking to the group's agenda

...and then there was silence

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I like you just the way you are! That's really all I got to say. I know it's not profound and it doesn't address every issue you discussed. But it's the simple truth.

I like you. Don't change.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You are what you are, and if there are those who don't like you, then as I said to you before, they are not worth your tears.

To address the contest, someone also sent me a link to it, and I refused to write anything for it. ::mad:: I AM morbidly obese, (according to my doctor anyway ::suprised:: ), I am an english size 22, not sure what that is in american sizes, and I stand at 5ft 1. My whole family are all big, and we laugh and joke about it to each other, and about each other. ::tongue:: But that doesn't mean we have the right to take a picture of someone who is unhappy, over-weight, and more disguistingly, naked, and then write cruel stories and poems about it. ::mad:: So I agree with you hun. I saw the contest, and the picture, and then gave it a wide-berth, because I found nothing amusing about it. ::cry::

Anyway, it's good to have you back! ::biggrin::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My humble opinion is: be yourself - here

I was traumatized in school over viscious words, (yes, I was the fat kid) and they can't hurt me here.

Amen.