Geek squad(?) : Forum : How Not To Be A Troll

[reply] [quote]

How Not To Be A Troll

5 Years Ago

Since being a troll can come about too easily, I thought I'd point out a few things.

1. Please leave a serious review before launching into the comments. The point of this is to give the readers poem popularity.
2. Please give time to respond. The subject of the comment section is always in preference to the writer. Blowing up their comments should make their poem show up on a lot of feeds but we do not want to be there if they do not want us there.
3. Keep the conversation clean in case the writer is offended by vulgarity. We want this group to keep a good name.
4. Keep the conversation close to the topic of the writing being discussed unless the writer chooses to diverge the conversation away from their poem.

Conclusion
Keep in mind that this needs to be a service not a hindrance to others on this site.

If you disagree with any of these points, LETS TALK ABOUT IT
[reply] [quote]

Re: How Not To Be A Troll

5 Years Ago

I agree with all of this. This is meant for fun and if the writer doesn't find it fun then that ruins the whole purpose. :D thanks HL for that btw :)
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

a "poem writer" is called a "poet" generally (though "poem writer" sounds like you're penning the Geekz Constitution - lol).
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Also, we're trying to elicit conversations about the poem itself.....let's not dive in, and suddenly go off on tangents about Pokemon right off the bat. That's borderline trolling. The progression of these conversations have to lead somewhere.
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

True! Thanks for that specification! 
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

And perhaps introduce ourselves and ask permission. Start out with "may we have geek conversations here" or something along the lines of that. That way they feel thay were part of the choice and not left out/confused
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

That's a good idea! I'm thinking maybe after we talk about there poem a bit first. We don't want to jump into a geek conversation that has nothing to do with the poem right off the bat. 
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

The geeking should be done about the poem(s). If something reminds anyone of a geeky topic, that could be mentioned. But everything should be natural. There shouldn't be any need to ask to geek out. You have to do so naturally over something mentioned or felt in the poem.
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Yeah, and we don't want to be too overwhelming so it should start out with two people to see how they react. We don't wanna seem like we're ganging up. And like I said, permission is key.
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Emi makes a good point. If they wanna geek then they'll start the convo. other wise keep it on the topic at hand.
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

we can freely geek on each others poems though😉
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Yes we can def geek out on each others profiles!!!! :D
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Thanks for the specifications. It is good to have borders when starting something or else it would be chaotic. 
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Definitely would be haha
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

being a troll is hurtful, being trolled is even worse, so lets be nice and two quote some inspirational guy whose name is not coming to mind right now "That's all I have to say 'bout that".
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Thanks for the pointers, that's really useful!
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Thats ...um...a Forrest gump Quote
[reply] [quote]

5 Years Ago

Maybe I wasn't supposed to find this funny, but being trolled a few times myself, I got a good laugh out of this. Just enjoy it, my friends. Don't be down. You have to cross paths with trolls to cross any bridge worth crossing.... Right?
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

Agreed Wesley! 
Though there is a line when it comes to hoaxes.