Geek squad(?) : Forum : Friday Forum

[reply] [quote]

Re: Friday Forum

4 Years Ago

I’ve been on quite a hiatus from this site, but I’d be up for continuing the Conversation! Where were we? I’m too lazy to read back through the convo. Something about world views and God no?
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

Hi Rose-- sorry I didn't reply sooner--had to go for some medical testing--part of the trade off for living into my 8th decade I suppose....

Rather that inject my own thoughts [ I've probably done enough of that already], might I suggest a very interesting little book I just finished: WHEN BREATHE BECOMES AIR by Dr. Paul Kalanithi. He was both a neurosurgeon and neuroscientist who died of lung cancer at 37 [no, he never smoked] and left this profound memoir he wrote in his final year where he reflects on his life as a doctor, husband, and father and how he discarded his 'ironclad atheism' to use his words, when he realized it would mean his life--and suffering--were meaningless. To quote: '...if you believe that science provides no basis for God, then you are almost obliged to conclude that science provides no basis for meaning and therefore, life doesn't have any.''

It's a quick read, and I'd be happy to discuss it with you or any of the Geek squad.

[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

Cool!
Yea I'll read it, but I can't promise it will be within the next week or so. I got 3 other books on my plate at the moment. 

I've research those sentiments and have watched many atheists v triune God debates that express such, but I understand if you want to hold off the discussion until it can be centered on the book.   
[reply] [quote]

4 Years Ago

Sure, whenever you can get around to it [ I also tend to read multiple books at a time]-- it's a quick read and very hard to put down once you start. Hopefully other geek squad members will get involved-- the forum really is a good idea.

next Next Page
last Last Page