God: Real Or Fake? : Forum : True Tolerence

[reply] [quote]

True Tolerence

11 Years Ago

Many wonder what tolerance is.

Here is what it is: treating a person no different, no matter what they believe. Muslim, Christian, Gay, Straight, Man, Woman, White, Black, Boy, Girl, Red Sox, Yankees.

Seriously. It doesn't mean you think the other person is right. It means you believe they are a human, and worthy of respect and equal treatment.

I believe in Jesus. But honestly, I don't give a care as to if you believe different. I will treat you no different.

That's tolerence. That's what we all should believe.
[reply] [quote]

Re: True Tolerence

11 Years Ago

I really liked your post. More people in this world should learn about tolerence.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Yeah they could. Me I accept anyone for who they are except for in extream situations, but I haven't had any yet. My beleives are I'm athiest, and currently reading the saitanic bible
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I'm actually writing a speech on racism and this is the exact message i'm trying to capture
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I'm Atheist. My brother is Wiccan, and my mother Catholic. Yet we still love each other and treat each other with respect. I grew up being taught that everyone is related (that whole Adam and Eve deal) and that we should treat everyone like we treat our own family. I don't still believe that we're all bioloically related, but we are all on this planet together, trying to survive and flourish in this world. Yet many people seem to believe that the way to succeed is to destroy everyone else for being different. If you look at the major religions, really look at them, the big ideas they have and their ideals for how life should be lived, and you take away the various details, the religions are basically the same. They want equality and respect. The differences come in about who to worship and when and how and why. Because most religions in today's society are monotheistic, the basic answer for who is some sort of God, and perhaps his son or his prophet or messenger. Yet people get so caught up in the little details of their beliefs that it tears apart lives and can cause war, hatred, and chaos. Even without religion, the discrimination is immense because people want to turn their opinions into facts. Opinions are subjective because they are based upon perspective, and everyone's is different. People don't seem to understand that. True tolerance is exacty what you say it is, and I hope that someday it will be human nature to treat each other that way, despite any differences people may have.