Group Writes! : Forum : The Orb

[reply] [quote]

The Orb

10 Years Ago

The orb glowed a strange color. My hand extended towards, but a bright light emitted from the orb and blinded me. When my vision returned to normal, a familiar scenery laid out before me.
[reply] [quote]

Re: The Orb

10 Years Ago

The green grass was deceptively cool between my toes, bringing me back to a simpler time.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I remembered the songs being sang as two men drank from mugs. When I was younger, the pub was were I always was. Singing the songs, and drinking from large glass mugs. The grass around the pub was always green, and growing taller. Grass! I came back to the scenery laid before me by this...orb. The old pub was there, and the moon was full just like the night... I still remember
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

My eyes drank in the scene with awe. All my old friends, young and full of life, gathered around each other playing pool. I stepped forward, inclined to join them, when I saw her. Her bold, blond hair bobbed to her chin when I first met her. She wore that red dress that made her lipstick pop and cause all the guys to stare.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

As if sensing I was there, she turned around and gave me a smile that made my heart beat speed up in a way that I long forgotten. "I knew there was a purpose for me being here tonight." she said, eyeing me up and down. I knew my next line, this was the part where I said, "Maybe it was fate." She smiled at my spoken words and leaned close to me, allowing me to smell her cherry perfume.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I crossed my arms and gave her a cocky smile. "A purpose? And what do you mean by that?"
She laughed. "You'll see..." and then she vanished like a ghost, her laughter still hanging in the air.
I blinked once and gasped.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

The edges of the orb were fading fast and I still had but one foot in. Taking a deep breath, I jumped in to the scene and ran after the girl.