I Am Woman : Forum : To forgive and forget???

To forgive and forget???

16 Years Ago

Ok.. so this is my situation I have a hard time forgiving and forgetting anything even if it's with family. I"ve never been able to trust anyone not even family unless they've been able to prove to me they are trustable(is that even a word??).

My older sister and I were so close when we were younger. The kind of close to where if she gained weight i gained it too...and so on and so forth. And when everthing fell apart is when she was in the hospital because her appendix exploded inside of her, after that it was all over.

To make a long story short we have a love hate relationship I can't stand to be around her and she can't stand to be around me, but we love each ohter to death. She's rude as hell and i'm like the nice innocent little sister(lol...sorry that was funny) but she extremely rude and hateful to me more than others.

Well I guess my question is:

Do you really have to forgive and forget when it comes to family or can you treat them like you would treat any other random person that tries to screw you over?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

this is a tough one... i suppose it depends on the situation - i dont speak to a lot of my family because i cant forget - call it stubborn italian temperment...
i hope it all works out with your sister though... that one is tough because i dont know what i would do without mine...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

forgive and forget very hard for me.. i never forget even if i do forgive. my sister and i have a love hate relationship also.. were really colse in the younger years .. so i dont know if i can help you alot in this question b/c for me screwing over is the same if you are a family member or a stranger.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

We are 361 days apart (sorry but I just like saying that) my birthday is 4 day�s before hers we are also both Scorpios so I mainly thought that we were just clashing, but I don�t think that is the case anymore. I�ve already been past my breaking point with her for a years now we don�t do anything but argue and physically fight. It�s gotten so bad that we�ve both ended up in th hospital on a few occasions. I�m just so sick of all of the crap and I�m ready for it all to end and the only way I see it ending is if I�m out of her life and she�s out of mine. Which is not going to be easy San Antonio is largely populated but honestly it�s a small town everybody know everybody and you�ll end up seeing people you don�t really want to see everywhere you go.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

perhaps you guys just need a break from each other for a little while - you are not even a year apart - i can see how there could be issues with that -

hope in the end it all works out for you

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think we can forgive and for the most part forget. We can move on from things but not as how a relationship was before the fight (or whatever) happened. After trust is broken, the pieces can be repaired but the relationship changes, either a lot or a little. I think you can fix the relationship into something new but it will never be what it was.

Kate

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have also been in this situation. I have not spoke to my sister for 10 years. Oh, she's spoken with my other sister, just not me or my mother. We are 2 years apart.

She has done so many things that are hateful and hurtful to us! Then turns it around and makes it look like OUR fault! She's good at that.

So, I put my foot down. I wasn't going to be her door mat anymore. She chose to walk away.

I miss her, but I don't miss the way she acted or the way she treated us.