I Am Woman : Forum : When you sister needs you..

When you sister needs you..

16 Years Ago

How do you leave your sister alone when she has just lost her husband and you live thousands of miles away?
I hate to leave her alone..I have to go back home, I feel as if I am deserting her.. it's only been a week since he died..

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

That must be very hard :s
I can see why you are asking this....but i'm sorry to say that i don't have an answer to your question.
If it is impossible for you to go over there, emails, phonecalls, letters, text messages, are all things you can use to help her through this period. Although it doesn't at all replace the personal contact and a real hug it too can be a support in times of need.
People can sense when you think of them, send them support with yo�ur thoughts, and basically what she now needs the most is the knowledge that people care and are there for her.
I hope she feels better soon, but this will be a rough period for her, and also for her family/friends.
Just let her know ever so often that you are there for her.

Lots of hugz

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

so very sorry...
its tough... sister bonds are stong ... i know i would do anything for my sister as she would do the same for me...

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You'll still be there for her, miles are a lot shorter these days. My thoughts are with you and your sister.

VickyXX

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

You may feel like you are deserting her, but I am sure she has not even thought that. As much as you want to just drop everything and be there for her, life does not have breaks. Don't feel guilty, she gets it I am sure. That is such terrible news though, you have my deepest sympathy. I am sure I would feel the same way if I were you, I have 5 sisters so I get how no one really can make you feel better like they can.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm sure your sister understands that you have to leave. You can still be there for her without being their physically. Call her every night or send emails. Sometimes all people need is a willing ear that will listen.

Kate