In Transition: World History, Politics & Current Affairs. : Forum : The ACLU - Help Guard Civil Ri..

[reply] [quote]

The ACLU - Help Guard Civil Rights

17 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

While I respect this organization's stance in many cases, as a teacher, I find it hard to support them vis-a-vis their history of defending sex offenders.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The only problem I have with the A.C.L.U., is that they seem to be fighting every battle, and not trying to win the war. Some of their battles are so half-assed, and vapid, that they do a greater disservice to the goals they're trying to obtain. You can't fight every battle. Some, you have to let go. Some, you have to avoid, in order to be at full strength when the real battle comes along. Like chickens with their collective head cut off. Sometimes, I wish they had A.C.L.U.E.

That's my two cents worth. Thank you for your reading.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

::cool:: The ACLU has been around for a long time. Still I cannot find myself understanding what cause they really support. I respect the fact that they stand for anyone in need of help against the social norm but cannot reguard everything they do as right. ::smile::
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

They wouldnet be much additiona against the taliban!