Inspire in Verse : Forum : How Excited Should We Be?

[reply] [quote]

How Excited Should We Be?

11 Years Ago

The End is near! Say that and you get barely a snicker...even among church groups. All attention is focused on fruitful, successful living. Should not the focus be upon the gathering call of the man Christ Jesus? "Oh no, keep your head out of the clouds and be of some earthly good", they say. But Jesus is the lodestar, the hope, the love, the way of compassion and conscience clear. Is that not what my neighbour needs, at least as much as my power tools?   Dream of the End   I had a dream Standing in a room Nothing extraordinary But many doors Many windows All with deadbolts. There was an urging “Pay attention, now. All these are going to Shut, close, lock In an eye’s twinkling. Can’t you feel it? Have I not always spoken truth?” I stood in one place Breathless Knowing that it was true Knowing that it was coming. And surenuff They all went off Bang, snap, click. I was elated. Of course He was right! And then another whisper, “Just so, Doug, Shall be the Coming of my Son. Tell them While things remain open. Tell them.” (Mark 13: 35, 36)