Internet lives : Forum : What does everyone love to wri..

[reply] [quote]

What does everyone love to write? What are you writing right now?

10 Years Ago

Well, I guess I'll start:
I love to write things that have high levels of tension and usually have to do with darker concepts and I prefer novels and short stories to poems (when writing). I really don't know how else to explain it other than saying what I'm writing at the moment (and the second part of the question! Woohoo!)

The main project I'm working onright now is a YA novel about a girl who joins this organization to take over the world (fun, right?). They started a program with teenagers to "have another point of view." About three months after running away from home, these teenagers get a new responsibility: keeping a group of other teenagers who found out about them from doing any actual harm. From this stems danger, emotional trials, and conflicts that were never meant to happen. My working "blurb" is this: "The world is a dangerous place. Aza always knew this, but it had never been real.
Now, it is. Within herself, she found a hole meant only to be filled by a purpose and a satisfaction of power. The solution? Join Take Control, a worldwide organization plotting a complete domination of the planet. They’ve been planning this for decades, but only now are the plans meant to take action. Fueled by greed and a longing for control, Take Control is exactly what Aza was looking for— even if she didn’t know it. However, when a new responsibility is brought into light, things for Aza take a turn for the worst and everything threatens to fall apart. She used to think she was safe, but now things are more dangerous than they’ve ever been. Secrets and lies rise to the surface. Peril is found at every turn. A battle is wrought between what’s right and what’s wrong. Perhaps meaning something to the world wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Maybe this wasn't the right choice, but Aza does know one thing: nothing could hurt worse than a downfall." (It's not perfect yet, but it's getting there.)I'm currently at the revision stage in this piece (which was originally around 65k), but started re-writing it at the beginning of the month (I currently have 38k finished so far).
I also have another project I've begun to plot which about a main character who is left dealing with her destructive friends who are on paths that may lead to harm while at the same time fueling dreams of leaving the town. This one is different from things I usually write because it's contemporary YA and does actually have a plot with a romantic subplot (but of course I haven't actually *written* it yet).
[reply] [quote]

Re: What does everyone love to write? What are you writing right now?

10 Years Ago

Originally posted by Catherine Massie
Well, I guess I'll start:
I love to write things that have high levels of tension and usually have to do with darker concepts and I prefer novels and short stories to poems (when writing). I really don't know how else to explain it other than saying what I'm writing at the moment (and the second part of the question! Woohoo!)

The main project I'm working onright now is a YA novel about a girl who joins this organization to take over the world (fun, right?). They started a program with teenagers to "have another point of view." About three months after running away from home, these teenagers get a new responsibility: keeping a group of other teenagers who found out about them from doing any actual harm. From this stems danger, emotional trials, and conflicts that were never meant to happen. My working "blurb" is this: "The world is a dangerous place. Aza always knew this, but it had never been real.
Now, it is. Within herself, she found a hole meant only to be filled by a purpose and a satisfaction of power. The solution? Join Take Control, a worldwide organization plotting a complete domination of the planet. They’ve been planning this for decades, but only now are the plans meant to take action. Fueled by greed and a longing for control, Take Control is exactly what Aza was looking for— even if she didn’t know it. However, when a new responsibility is brought into light, things for Aza take a turn for the worst and everything threatens to fall apart. She used to think she was safe, but now things are more dangerous than they’ve ever been. Secrets and lies rise to the surface. Peril is found at every turn. A battle is wrought between what’s right and what’s wrong. Perhaps meaning something to the world wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Maybe this wasn't the right choice, but Aza does know one thing: nothing could hurt worse than a downfall." (It's not perfect yet, but it's getting there.)I'm currently at the revision stage in this piece (which was originally around 65k), but started re-writing it at the beginning of the month (I currently have 38k finished so far).
I also have another project I've begun to plot which about a main character who is left dealing with her destructive friends who are on paths that may lead to harm while at the same time fueling dreams of leaving the town. This one is different from things I usually write because it's contemporary YA and does actually have a plot with a romantic subplot (but of course I haven't actually *written* it yet).

I actually love to write novels which also have to do with darker concepts and tension. I have to say my stuff can get pretty twisted, dark, and violent. I am actually writing a novel right now that has alot of that stuff.

My new top book I am working on right now is called Ghost Runner.

It is about a city called Acrisius which is a dictatorial and totalitarian city. It lives through two parallel worlds, the human world, and then the underworld. The human world is where all the media and good things happen, but then the underworld is where the subordinates are sent to be killed. A group called Hangmen travel through there and kill the subordinates in the underworld. 
The story is about a hangman named Logun. He begins to realize what the city has to hide and what the leader "Carnegie" is hiding as well.

This book is far from being done. I would like to read that book of yours sometime ;)
[reply] [quote]

Re: What does everyone love to write? What are you writing right now?

10 Years Ago

Originally posted by Xerclipse

I actually love to write novels which also have to do with darker concepts and tension. I have to say my stuff can get pretty twisted, dark, and violent. I am actually writing a novel right now that has alot of that stuff.

My new top book I am working on right now is called Ghost Runner.

It is about a city called Acrisius which is a dictatorial and totalitarian city. It lives through two parallel worlds, the human world, and then the underworld. The human world is where all the media and good things happen, but then the underworld is where the subordinates are sent to be killed. A group called Hangmen travel through there and kill the subordinates in the underworld. 
The story is about a hangman named Logun. He begins to realize what the city has to hide and what the leader "Carnegie" is hiding as well.

This book is far from being done. I would like to read that book of yours sometime ;)

Haha. Twisted, dark, and violent stories do seem to be the most fun, don't they? Your story sounds really interesting, too! I think I'm going to have to read it now (or tomorrow, most likely).

I'm planning on posting my story once I finish the rewrite (which will hopefully be soon), but I'm planning on putting the prologue up sometime next week just because it makes me really sad to see that my profile doesn't have any writing on it. I'm glad someone else finds it interesting :)