Late Night Writers & Readers : Forum : after midnight

after midnight

16 Years Ago

The joys of 2 am....  desperate late night infomercials, discarded Taco Bell wrappers, and a sugar buzz from orange flavored Mountain Dew.  The roads are abandoned like a ghost town.  The tapping of keys illuminated by a glowing screen confirms that we are, indeed, owners of the night.

I spent the past year responding to 911 calls on night shift, so I've seen alot of weirdness.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  Glad to be here, and looking forward to meeting more night shifters.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Couldn't sleep hardly at all last night, so i wrote like a mad woman, then i finally slept, and when i woke up there was pages of writing scattered all over my bed, i have to say, i write way better at night.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

its feb 28 2:34 am and i cant sleep lol.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

It seems I get some of my best ideas at night. I’ll write like mad until I have finished and sometimes I have to drag myself away from the screen just so I can go to bed and get up on time in the morning. Lol. There is just something about night that we find appealing I guess. Weather it is the time of nightmares or dreams, it is a fountain of fiction.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

late reading here i go again lol

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Midnight strikes here I am again! I drink some whiskey over the pain A vortex of anger makes me insane I try to keep my demons deep within I hit the streets under thunder and rain ... I guess thats my after midnight story, written about 1:00am or so... I am still waiting for tonights midnight maybe I would finish writing it and maybe not! Either ways, cool group you guys have hear All the best, Tamer Qtaish

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Not midnight quite yet, but getting there. Stayed up until five last night being restless. Got to sleep then woke up two hours later, fully awake. Really dislike that. Glad to be here, takes me mind off of stuff. =D.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I love the night, though it is hard for me to write at night becuase my mother doesn't like it. So often I have to go to bed early, though I can't sleep. I toss and turn and think of stories to write. This is when I create. Then I get up in the early morning. I hate this but it is the only time I can really write. I love 5 AM. It is the loneliest hour there is. The late nighters have finally fallen asleep at their desk and the early birds are not quite up yet. The entire world enters into a still. Every noise echoes on seemingly forever. This is probably the best time to write there is if you like dramatic works like I do.