Lucas and Morgan: The Epic Continues : Forum : Never The Chosen One

Never The Chosen One

11 Years Ago

Morgan was found sitting in an empty aisle of the synagogue, alone. 
"I didn't know you were Jewish, Morgan." Lucas stated mockingly, sitting down next to her, breathing in the deep silence of the room. "I'm not. I was raised in the C of E." She was still staring ahead at the Ark, behind which the Torah was kept. "That explains why we're here, then..." he challenged. She rolled her eyes, turning to look at him. 
"Sometimes the first religion you find isn't the most comforting, alright?" She nodded at the gilded lamp hanging above the ark. "See that lamp? A symbol of eternity, of undying belief. *Eternal* fear and respect. How much more can an immortal like us look for? It's nice." She stared at it for a moment.
"Wait, aren't you supposed to be Jewish, as in one of the chosen ones?" He asked. 
"I'm afraid there are too many daytime duties to perform for me. But are you really surprised that I'm not a chosen one?" She laughs, a deep good laugh, it's lightness temporarily filling up the room. It slowed, then stopped all together. "No, I'm never the chosen one." Another minute of silence.
"So, why are you here then, love?" Lucas said finally, shaking her out of her meditative glare. "Huh? Oh, I was just here for the blood. Lots of old men fall asleep alone in here. I think this one was high on pain killers." She stood up, weaving herself out of the seating and into the aisle way. "Come on, get out of there, that's the women's section anyway..." she said with a grin, exiting the holy sanctuary...