Musical Writing : Forum : Welcome!

[reply] [quote]

Welcome!

17 Years Ago

Welcome to the Musical Writing group. Please stop by and introduce yourself. What brings you here?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi. your violin picture caught my attention. it is a very dear symbol for a character of mine, and also a menacing uncontrollable power. I feel this character of mine, who has unfortunately been swept under the rug for the last year or so, for the sake of the larger picture, deserves some inklings of his existence. So i joined up your group! :)
in fact, just joined the community here.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Good to have you! I hope this group really helps you out. That's my very "own" rented violin, I love it. Maybe one day I can even learn to play more than "scarborough fair" on it lol.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

i remember learning "scarborough fair" on a werlitzer keyboard! what a pain when you can't play piano, or keys.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi there! Just popping in to introduce myself, I'm Amy. When I saw this group I knew I had to join, music has always been a very important part of my life. My brother is a professional musician, and while I don't play much, I do play a little piano. I find myself often using musical references in my poetry, without really giving it much thought..
I would love one day to actually write a song, either on my own or in collaboration with someone else. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

~Amy
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hey! I decided to join because most of my works are lyrics (even though I haven't posted most of them yet ::tongue:: ) and I hope to one day record a cd. That's about it.
~Eny
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Great to have you all!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hello,

I joined because I'm a big old dork and actually map out my stories like they are songs. That way I can check the pacing, whether or not I'm repeating important elements, whether or not I stay in the right key (and breaking away for emphasis, not to mention picking a key that sets the mood. I'm big on the key metephor.), etc. Music provides a structure that serves to strengthen my stories.

I do this with other media too. I'll often draw or paint the story, just to give me a different perspective. Basically any way I can take my work and stand it on its head, I find useful.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The Violin caught my attention as well. I'm Romana, and I'm a cellist. Music was always my life anyway and I love to imagine songs in my stories. As a film student too I can usually see it play out in my head. Now if I could only describe it right in words this would all work out perfectly...
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The violin caught my attention as well. I have spent my whole life absorbed in the music world. I play oboe. I also play guitar and sing and write songs. Music is a passion of mine.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

The name is what got me to notice. Music (both playing and listening) informs pretty much everything I write, and any group focused on that is goodnewsbears. I play guitar, bass, and keys, and sing as well, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi, my name is MIshel and I love music, that's all I think about and writing along with movies, he he. I use to play the violin, but now I'm trying to self teach myself sound in keyboard. The title of the group "Musical Writing" caught my attention and so did the violin. ---MIshel

p.s. miss very much the violin, will pick it up as soon as I can.