Nanowrimo : Forum : HELP!!

HELP!!

17 Years Ago

I need someone who can actually access the nano site to get a message into the Tech Help Forum for me please:

I have followed the instructions on the FAQ page, deleted cookies, added to trusted sites, yadda yadda yadda, and still I cannot stay logged in. As soon as I click on anything, I am automatically logged out. Now what?

It won't even allow me to stay logged in long enough to post to the forum! I am so completely frustrated right now. I emailed nano about 2 weeks ago about this problem, but still no response.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I don't have an account there...but I'll try setting one up and seeing if I can get a question sent to whomever's in charge.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

^
sounds like this guy had the same kind of problem.

First off, is there any alerts happening on your screen? You know, like a Virus Protection thing saying "your computer may be infected!"? If you are getting this message...it's a scam, and the Virus Protection is what's causing the problem - and the one I'm talking about pops up every two minutes or so in the corner of the screen. I'll try to find the name of it so you know not to buy their product (they seel this over-priced Anti-adware software when they are the one causing all the infections/cookies on your comptuer).

I ended up purchasing Spyware Doctor and I haven't had any problems since. I don't even have a Virus program (like Norton Anti-virus) and I haven't had a problem since. I'm also running the Internet using Firefox though (stops a lot of pop-ups).

^
Another site full of other adwares craps.

I can't find the name of the program that was causing me so many problems but this is how it works: it installs onto your computer without your consent and then displays this annoying message every two minutes: You computer may be infected! You can find a lot of sites exploiting and exposing these programs.

If that's even the problem that is...if not, it's just good to know I guess.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

No, no error messages, but thanks for the info.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hope the note to you I've just seen posted by someone more technically aware than myself was of some help .... there seems to be a lot of this junk spyware around, scams trying to get you to open up for them .... anything I don't recognise tends to get posted straight to the "Russian Archive": NEVER, NEVER OPEN ANY OF THESE SCAM WARNINGS!!!

NaNoWriMo ?????????? BRING IT OOOOOOOONNNN!!! I'm ready to rock 'n' roll! ::suprised::