New York City Writers : Forum : Ambient/Experimetnal Music Wri..

[reply] [quote]

Ambient/Experimetnal Music Writers Needed

17 Years Ago

Hello folks,

I'm looking for a couple of writers to review CD's and concerts in NY for a new online ambient/experimental/IDM publication. Currently there is no compensation other than free CD's mailed to you for review and spots on guest lists for concerts. Oh, and you'll get a byline.

CD reviewers should have a steady mailing address and do not need to be located anywhere in particular. Concert reviewers should be located in the Tri-State area, have the means and wherewithal to get to shows (and hopefully a decent digital camera to snap a few pics). I would especially like to find writers who can conduct interviews over telephone or internet with artists and create compelling features from those accurately transcribed interviews.

'm working for free to publish this site because I love the music and would like to see a place where like-minded music lovers can converge for information. You'll make money when I make money. Until then, I'm hoping to find people with energy, a sharp, clear visual style, an appreciation for ambient/experimental/IDM music and a willingness to receive free things from publicists.

Please send published clips or other examples of your writing to me: info-at-cenozoicmedia-dot-com.

Thanks,
John
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You've got my interest, John. While I'm of minimal use to you in reviewing live performances, I'd be very interested in reviewing CD's.

I came to Greenwich Village in 1985 as a musician. I left as 1989 came in, leaving my days as a performing musician behind me. But I remain in contact with old bandmates and a few select friends from those amazing days in the city.

I'd be happy to pitch in and be a part of your new project if you'll have me. Granted, I haven't written much of anything without pay in 15 years. But this may be a wonderful opportunity to begin writing about music and musicians, which would be an ironic turn for a former musician who got a great deal of satifaction out of writing original material.

Contact me at your convenience.
Jamie Beckett
PO Box 1813
Winter Haven, FL 33882-1813
863-224-0957

References available upon request - of course.