Newbies! : Forum : Has anyone noticed...

Has anyone noticed...

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I'm new. But that's not what I'm asking. Have any of you other newbies noticed the total lack of tutorial or explanation page? I, for one, find it a bit daunting when I have to learn how to navigate a website, a large one, on my own. I was wondering if that bothered anyone else.

That's pretty much it. If any of you have something up already, I'd be happy to read it!

Re: Has anyone noticed...

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I've noticed this, too. The website seems very confusing. For example, I'm not sure how other members find my poetry. I can see that it appears in my profile, but as a new member with no friends, how will anyone find it? Some explanations on how the site works would be an improvement.

9 Years Ago

I also had this problem when I first joined. It's an issue that needs to be addressed. I'm still learning different functions on this website. The best advice would be to review other members, in return they will read you, eventually you'll pick up followers, and you won't need to send read requests. Also, if you're going to use the forums use them in the groups, the main forum (at least in my experience) is worthless, full of spam threads, and only monitored, by someone calling themselves The Goblin.

I hope this helps.  

9 Years Ago

Yeeeeeeeaaah. . .. . It's pretty intimidating honestly. And I don't understand the whole "points" thing ?

9 Years Ago

FAQS Page:
The points are pretty useless; they help you get badges, top reviewer, top writer, You shared of Facebook, etc, etc. I still don't understand why one work will give me 23 points, while another will give me 0-2 . . . I'd say don't worry about the points, unless badges are what you seek. I read several pieces a day that give me 0 points, and in reality you'll eventually get the badges without even trying.
I hope this helps.