Nicole and Jackie's Plane : Forum : *~* Week #2 *~*

*~* Week #2 *~*

10 Years Ago

My wonderful mom dug this precious gem out of the storage room and mailed it to me.  This is the very first draft of The Secret Below.  I've written and rewritten entire drafts more times than I can count.  I'm hoping with this notebook now in my possession that it will inspire and push me to finish what is hopefully the final draft.  I'll never get the series written if I can't move beyond book #1! Happy Write-A-Thon Week #2 :)

Re: *~* Week #2 *~*

10 Years Ago

So, I didn't quite hit my weekly goals this time around.  I blame the halibut :)..............Seriously, I did finish my first young adult novel - The Fallen by Lauren Kate.  Swoon is still coming in the mail, so I had to rush to B&N to pick up a paranormal YA novel that wouldn't break that bank, and I got this one for about $3.59 after my membership and 20% off coupon.  But I didn't select it on price alone.  I discovered something interesting that I didn't realize before.  The "Young Adult Fiction" section actually has a "paranormal romance" section within it.  It seems the trend is for the main characters to either be paranormal themselves or to fall in love with someone who is.  Take for instance The Fallen - the main character seems normal--boring even--and falls in love with what I think is a fallen angel.  There's a whole series on it.  I'm not one to write for trends, and my YA novel definitely lacks this.  I'm not having Meg fall in love with a ghost or turning Andy into a werewolf!...................I have some catch up to do this coming week on my chapter editing.  I discovered it's quite difficult to edit on paper while driving on bumpy roads...