No "Write" Way : Forum : Cover Image

Cover Image

10 Years Ago

Should you or should you not use a cover image not of your own creation? My opinion is yes.
1. The author's choice of image is a form of expression. I didn't create the art, but the image sets the mood I want the reader to approach my piece in. I find this especially important in poetry when there often isn't time to set the scene depending on the style.2. Putting the time into selecting and uploading a relevent image shows you care. That is not to say that people who don't use images don't care, but people who do upload images do care (by my observations).3. I use free images. No one's writes are infringed. And when I select basic photos of cigarettes or a hand, I do not feel as though someone else's art is affecting mine.4. Writer's Cafe suggests you add an image to recieve more views. Many many pieces feature the standard cover. If I am skimming for something to read - I (personally) am going to pick the one with a picture.
 Do you disagree? Do you agree for different reasons? How do you choose your cover image? How important do you think having a cover image is on this site and in general?