Novelist's Desk : Forum : Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this..

[reply] [quote]

Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?

15 Years Ago

If you haven't heard about this, go to

This will be my third year of fast a furious noveling. My previous two novels met the 50,000 word requirement, but needed about a year of editing to go from incoherent free writing to something people might want to read.

I have to say, I had a blast doing it and am looking forward to the insanity again this year. Team Seattle needs the word count to maintain our place at the top of the charts.

So who else is in?

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm toying with the idea, but it'll depend if I've finished the novel I'm working on before November. If not, there's always next year.

N~

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

It seems that NaNoWriMo always comes when I am in the middle of something else. Last year, I put the interrupted project on hold and picked it up again in December. The bad news was that I had two unfinished projects. The good news was that I needed a break from the NaNoWriMo anyway, and the other project filled the gap nicely.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm anal enough that, having done NaNo for the past three years the thought of missing a year (horrors!) is, well, unthinkable.  I find that the impending nature of November 1st makes for a wonderfully motivating reason to finish editing last year's book.  I don't think I could cope with having two unfinished novels to deal with at once.

On the other hand, I'm a long way from finishing the edits on last year's so maybe I'll find out whether I can cope with that or not.