Novels & Short Stories : Forum : That new guy sucks, right?

That new guy sucks, right?

10 Years Ago

Hey Guys!
My name is Jim.
I'm 26, new to writerscafe, the group & to writing. 
I've actually been writing all my life, but I never committed to finishing a project to share with the world until now.

A friend I met at a YMCA summer camp sparked my interest in reading when I was 9 with the Goosebumps series.
I wrote my first "book" when I was in 5th grade. Needless, It reads at a 5th grade level -Weak plot, poor character development, grammar and spelling atrocities everywhere. It's laughable, but I still site that as my first real accomplishment in the literary field. 
I did not receive high marks in English & Literature in High School, but during that time, I read books that peaked my interest (Wheel of Time Series, Sword of Truth Series, Death Gate Cycle, Star Wars extended universe books, Harry Potter, and various other standalone and literary fiction works). and I also did Star Trek email RPG where you discovery write a story together post by post from the perspective of your character within the Star Trek Universe on a ship within the larger fleet.
That pretty much wraps up my credentials as I went to college for music and I do Audio Engineering as my day job.

I'm working on my first real novel now. I have plans for it to be a trilogy. I joined this group in hopes that I'll find some help when I need it through the rough patches. I feel very alone in the daunting endeavor as I have no friends who enjoy writing or reading. 

I'll be posting a sample of my current work for you guys to toss in some input!
thanks!